Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BrewDog: yet another hip company using 'rebel' language to sell its stuff

It actually is quite clever. Get everyone talking about you on every platform possible, whether for good or for bad reasons, doesn't matter, it's all publicity. Then ditch the protagonist just before an IPO, and watch the moolah roll in.

Absolutely.

The question is; how much of the five-hundred-million-quid, that he's now worth, is attributable to this thread?

There's a clear case for the server fund to make a claim.

I'd be happy to Lead it, given sufficient support.

Last edited:
"Hey, have you heard of this company who treat their workers like absolute shit in a toxic workplace, have a boss who makes female workers feel uncomfortable and has now started to support far right political figures?"

Normal person's response: "Why yes, and as a result I'm not going to spend a penny with the shit company."

Dickhead response: "Why that's simply genius marketing, and I'm going to keep buying their products because I'm happy to be aligned with their company's anti-union, toxic practices and support of right wing, racist leaders."

Absolutely.

The question is; how much of the five-hundred-million-quid, that he's now worth, is attributable to this thread?
Probably not a very large percentage but it's hard to say, as it's kinda like COVID spreading. Similar to when people post videos from someone they hate on YouTube. They don't seem to realise that reposting their videos is having the exact opposite effect than they're hoping for.

"Hey, have you heard of this company who treat their workers like absolute shit in a toxic workplace, have a boss who makes female workers feel uncomfortable and has now started to support far right political figures?"

Normal person's response: "Why yes, and as a result I'm not going to spend a penny with the shit company."

Dickhead response: "Why that's simply genius marketing, and I'm going to keep buying their products because I'm happy to be aligned with their company's anti-union, toxic practices and support of right wing, racist leaders."
The little fact that he's about to be half a billion quid richer kinda dictates that your logic is flawed.
Don't get me wrong, I hate the cunt, but I also don't promote him.

The little fact that he's about to be half a billion quid richer kinda dictates that your logic is flawed.
Don't get me wrong, I hate the cunt, but I also don't promote him.
According to your earlier post, by talking about him on a platform, that’s what you’re doing, innit?

According to your earlier post, by talking about him on a platform, that’s what you’re doing, innit?
It's worse than that. I'd never heard of Brewdog until this thread, then I saw some in Lidl, and I bought 8 cans of the piss. I'll never drink it again but that was 8 cans towards his half a billion, and it was a direct result of this thread's existence. Twist that however you like but the reality is that this thread has made money for Brewdog.

It's worse than that. I'd never heard of Brewdog until this thread, then I saw some in Lidl, and I bought 8 cans of the piss. I'll never drink it again but that was 8 cans towards his half a billion, and it was a direct result of this thread's existence. Twist that however you like but the reality is that this thread has made money for Brewdog.
This thread has done many things.

Hmmm.

With that much cash behind him, I can see a new chain of bars and pubs coming to the fore. Like a Spoons version of Brewdog.

Cos, if you're aggrieved with half a bill in your your pocket, and no other skills, you're going to take your ex business model and apply it to take on Spoons.

Hmmm.

With that much cash behind him, I can see a new chain of bars and pubs coming to the fore. Like a Spoons version of Brewdog.

Cos, if you're aggrieved with half a bill in your your pocket, and no other skills, you're going to take your ex business model and apply it to take on Spoons.
It'll probably be a clause in his severance package that he can't do that.

I can imagine that his narcissistic personality disorder would more likely see him make the transition from ‘insurgent’ entrepreneurship to ‘insurgent” politics. All manner of Faragist cranks will swarm around his mountain of cash and promise him power.

It'll probably be a clause in his severance package that he can't do that.
Clauses can only be enforced if you've got the cash to back it up.

And he's got the cash.

So BD won't be bothering wasting their money on that. He'll be the hipster Tim Wetherspoon.

Watterspoons anyone?

(my money is on Wetherspoons with music and sport). And Neck Oil or something.

So he's been given the wanky title 'Captain and Co-founder' and will still be on the board. That won't make life very easy for the new CEO.
It's a recipe for a CEO leaving very quickly I think, because James Watt seems to be the type to be difficult if the idea or plan isn't his.

Back
Top Bottom