Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BNP targets youth voters

pingupete

Thinking ahead
This shows the scale of the BNP's ambition to win seats next year. You can bet that the vast majority of these leaflet drops will be in the North West to support Nick Griffin's personal campaign to become an MEP.

We will need a smart approach to beat the BNP next June. Their vote will go up on the 6.4% they got in the NW last time. Tactical voting needs to be on the table. The D'Hondt system can be used to calculate the various permutations, but if you use the 2004 votes and reduce UKIP's figures (in line with collapse they experienced in the London Assembly elections), it will only take about 8% for a 4th placed party to win a seat.

Apart from the obvious irony of a nationalist trying to become and MEP. Do you think that these tactics are particularly effective? Younger voters are more likely to have positive experiences/relations with different races than older generations. It's doomed to failure simply on that basis.

This is the most audacious (sp, it's late, hehe) attempt by the BNP that I can think of to attract young voters, with a campaign to go directly to their letter boxes and email inboxes. The party are really trying to get Nick Griffin getting that final North West vote, and if other forums (fora?) are to be believed then they are getting out all the money they possibly can to do so.

I will of course be hoping for a LibDem win :) but whatever happens next June, we all (who take part in the electoral process or even those who do not) but ensure that the BNP are kept away from the corridors of Brussels.

This mass maildrop by the BNP could well be the first sign that the fight we face this time is our toughest yet....

We got a big fat letter from the facists the other day we are just outside nw london.i read about two lines to find out what it was and threw on top of the fridge.my son saw it and read a bit before throwing it in the bin.Where i live is a big population of immigrant of many differnt countries so i suppose they are trying to stir up trouble as always

Most younger people I know, especially ones that vote, tend to have a more progressive view towards race and immigration than older generations do. But at the same time, where youth unemployment is high and job prospects are low the BNP has an opportunity to do well.

The Jospeh Rowntree report found that young, first time voters and those who hadn't voted for some time were the groups most likley to vote BNP. That was off the 2004 data (iirc).

The Jospeh Rowntree report found that young, first time voters and those who hadn't voted for some time were the groups most likley to vote BNP. That was off the 2004 data (iirc).

The report highlighted that young males were more likely to vote BNP.

I'm not having a pop or being pointlessly pedantic but it only says that for 2003. It's not brokedown like that for 2004, their breakout year. I'm not saying it's not true either.

We got a big fat letter from the facists the other day we are just outside nw london.i read about two lines to find out what it was and threw on top of the fridge.my son saw it and read a bit before throwing it in the bin.Where i live is a big population of immigrant of many differnt countries so i suppose they are trying to stir up trouble as always

do you come under three rivers council in herts, they got a couple of councillers in there last year

where youth unemployment is high and job prospects are low the BNP has an opportunity to do well.

/\/\This

I believe is why it may not be doomed to fail

The fact that yoots tend not to vote is more likely the reason such tactics are doomed to fail

do you come under three rivers council in herts, they got a couple of councillers in there last year

No i live in a little strip between nw9 and hertfordshire an ha for harrow post code .that area you talk about is still mainly white british .where i live is vastly more cosmopolitian

Apart from the obvious irony of a nationalist trying to become and MEP. Do you think that these tactics are particularly effective? Younger voters are more likely to have positive experiences/relations with different races than older generations. It's doomed to failure simply on that basis.

Age is no barrier to racism. :(

The report highlighted that young males were more likely to vote BNP.

yes young white working class males who are least likely to go on to higher education and whose employment prospectus are thretend in the long term by globalisation more in the sens that this country is competing with a worldwide workforce as opposed to to the direct impact of immigration imo

the type of person a lot of urbanites call chavs and are not lielky to know

Anyone here know anything about this Alan Newark bloke whose supposed to have put together this 'racism cuts both ways' camapaign? Somwe people reckon he's an ex-left winger up in Scotland.

Back
Top Bottom