Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why are Leave voters expected to compromise?

The problem, in my opinion, is in the question. Leave voters do not HAVE to compromise at all especially with remainers. However they do need to agree with each other.

Maybe rephrasing the question to, Why can't leave voters agree with each other? Could get nearer to an answer.

The problem, in my opinion, is in the question. Leave voters do not HAVE to compromise at all especially with remainers. However they do need to agree with each other.

Maybe rephrasing the question to, Why can't leave voters agree with each other? Could get nearer to an answer.
That rather supposes whether achieving a sensible answer was the OP's aim.

What I think we're seeing is a subtle repositioning from certain quarters of the Leave tendency to a victim posture because they're not getting what they want. This will then become the justification for political tantrums (ie. civil disorder) when their aspirations for Brexit aren't achieved.

Well, not everyone else. Remain voters don't get to remain and there's no compromise for that. The reason only leave voters have to compromise is because remain voters don't even get that much of a choice.
You mean “the voters don’t get much of a choice”

What sort of answer are you looking for? Yes we should ignore the wishes of the larger number that voted leave because Scotland or the 6 counties voted remain or do you think we should brexit on wednesdays only? :p

Personally, I'm tired of the people of the occupied 6 counties being shat on. But I'm curious as to what Nik has to say.

Back
Top Bottom