Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Blairite Watch

Classic stupid individualist left wing points scoring toss that hurts us all
Meantime, Cameturd and the Os=motic buttcok race ahead Classic lets all go have a bev, put the worlds to right...
Grow up shit holes
These vile thieves, mean business
Get yourselves fit for it

Stella Creasy admits there was no demo outside her house , though not rescinding any of the other total bolllocks re : her staff feeling "threatened " ( the office where demo was was closed, they were gone ) .

No word from Mensch,Caroline CriadoPerez,various Grauns etc who'd been joining in the usual 'Corbo-bullies' bullshit .

Stella Creasy crushes story about protest outside her house
Well, well, well. I figured it was bullshit.

I came across this Nick Watt (spits) article in The Guardian which quotes Blair as saying "Support for ISIS stretches 'deep into parts of Muslim society'".

My eyes were drawn to this part of the article
The remarks by Blair in the 7th Kissinger lecture at the Library of Congress echoed earlier speeches by the former prime minister – and by David Cameron – in which they have said that advocates of extremist ideology must be confronted in addition to advocates of extremist violence. Michael Gove praised Blair last year when he criticised government officials for just believing in “beating back the crocodiles that come close to the boat rather than draining the swamp”.
Support for Isis stretches 'deep into parts of Muslim societies,' says Blair

"Kissinger lecture"? Kissinger, that man of peace who had a hand in the Pinochet coup and the murders of over a million people in Suharto's Indonesia inter alia.

Last edited:
I came across this Nick Watt (spits) article in The Guardian which quotes Blair as saying "Support for ISIS stretches 'deep into parts of Muslim society'".

My eyes were drawn to this part of the article

"Kissinger lecture"? Kissinger, that man of peace who had a hand in the Pinochet coup and the murders of over a million people in Suharto's Indonesia inter alia.

also reportedly continued / extended the Vietnam war for another 5 yrs ( after a negotiated peace was on tabel ) to help Nixons Presidential campaign - + won the Nobel Peace prize.

Needs a proper send off when this vermin eventually goes

Blair defends Blairism. His choice of magazine in which he offers his 'defence' is also rather instructive.
In defence of Blairism, by Tony Blair - Spectator Blogs

First, the hubris.
All wings of the Labour Party which support the notion of the Labour Party as a Party aspiring to govern, rather than as a fringe protest movement agree on the tragedy of the Labour Party’s current position. But even within that governing tendency, there is disagreement about the last Labour Government, what it stood for and what it should be proud of.

Blair has never had to protest. He was always comfortable. Protests are a valid forms of political expression. However to describe a Corbyn-led Labour Party as a "fringe protest movement" is as delusional as it is arrogant.

The moral dimension of Labour tradition has always been very strong, encapsulated in the phrase that the Labour Party owed more to Methodism than to Marx. When I became the Opposition spokesman on law and order in 1992, following our fourth election defeat, I consciously moved us away from a ‘civil liberties’ paramount approach, to one that started with the rights of the victim, their pain, their suffering, and put first our moral responsibility to stand with them. Of course the two shouldn’t be in conflict. But nonetheless – tonally at least – I shifted our position and did it for moral as well as political reasons.

Utter crap.

The ‘We’ I accept was not everyone; but we should never forget David Miliband won a clear majority of the Party membership in the leadership election of 2010. But the results were often dramatic. The school reforms – as in London – were transformative. By 2007 – hard to believe now – we had satisfaction rates in the NHS higher than at any time since it was created. Crime fell, not by a little, but by over 30%.

Get over it. Your boy lost.

Now for the contested bit
Of course we made mistakes. But we were a radical reforming Government. And we tried to put the moral purpose of the Labour Party into practice, the only sort of morality worth very much.

Notice how he starts this sentence with "of course we made mistakes" but then claims that his government was "radical" when it was nothing of the sort. He refused to repeal draconian trade union legislation; opened the floodgates to buy to let landlords, and left the railways in private hands. His 'reform' of the House of Lords was a joke. It should have been abolished. The radicalism Blair talks about is entirely imagined.

Yes, we forged a strong link with the private sector, we encouraged science and technology, and we celebrated London as a financial centre. But we did this because we knew that without a growing economy life would be harder for those at the bottom.

Yes, those links wit the private sector were so strong that pieces of the public sector are now in debt bondage, while the financial sector was given license to do as it pleased.

Many – especially in today’s Labour Party – felt we lost our way in Government. I feel we found it. But I accept in the process we failed to convince enough people that the true progressives are always the modernisers, not because they discard principle but because they have the courage to adhere to it when confronted with reality.

Delusional. :facepalm:

Jess Phillips has been an MP for all of 5 minutes and here she is threatening to "knife" Corbyn.
Labour MP Jess Phillips will 'knife Corbyn in the front' if he damages party

She's a fucking gobshite.

She's a gobshite, but she's sold herself well as a "plain-speaking lass", so she'll get away with noises off unless and until she rubs someone further up the greasy pole than her, the wrong way.

Interesting that John Woodlouse calls her "left-wing", though. She's a straight-down-the-middle centrist keeping her feet in both camps in order to maximise her chances of preferment.

She's a gobshite, but she's sold herself well as a "plain-speaking lass", so she'll get away with noises off unless and until she rubs someone further up the greasy pole than her, the wrong way.

Interesting that John Woodlouse calls her "left-wing", though. She's a straight-down-the-middle centrist keeping her feet in both camps in order to maximise her chances of preferment.

TBH I didn't read anything in that interview suggesting she was keeping feet in both camps; she was just repeating all the criticisms that Splinters, Mann, Gapes and the rest have been coming out with - but in a way that she thinks real people will understand. Take that shoot to kill comment for instance, which is focused on what she imagines people want to hear rather than what is probable, lawful, sensible or even possible.

It is also somewhat odd that she claims that doing nothing is basically collaborating with the Tories (and bad), when actually collaborating with the Tories is nowhere criticized.

Back
Top Bottom