Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biker gangs / "patch clubs"

Three day celebration for 50 years. A lot more have been nicked. Not just local...world wide meet.
_107194426_d7-sjc0xoaahkf_.jpg

Mass arrests at Hells Angels gathering

I saw the first few people arriving down in Brighton yesterday. While I was there they were generally pretty chilled, hanging out on the seafront, taking photos with tourists. An absolute shedload of cops around.

Riding in formation. Looks pretty tidy. Why so many arrests? Not like these guys are a centre of right wing terrorism.

That must be it. Can't say the Angels have ever really come on the register in the UK for small town shoot-outs or brawling.

One of my local pubs has reopened with a Route 66 vibe type decor to it and most nights has a row of bikes out front, when I went last last week three patched Angels were walking in.

This is in Godalming, if you are not familiar with the town just google image the place, then imagine Hells Angels choosing to hang out there...

One of my local pubs has reopened with a Route 66 vibe type decor to it and most nights has a row of bikes out front, when I went last last week three patched Angels were walking in.

This is in Godalming, if you are not familiar with the town just google image the place, then imagine Hells Angels choosing to hang out there...
I knew an ex-hell's angel with a particularly scary history who was a big old softie who lived in some posh little town on the south coast. He would love a pub in Godalming.

You got my hopes up posting on this thread. I wanted biker beef.

I was a teenager in Maidenhead.

The Windsor and Maidenhead Hells Angels had been in a few "scraps" that made the national news at the time, but we used to drink in the same pub as them (The Ferry at Cookham) - there were "bikers bikes" and 50cc mopeds parked outside, but everyone got on fine. Didn't interact much, but there was no grief.

Once, I got nudged on my way back from the bar and spilt beer down an Angel's back. My immediate thought was "FUCK". I apologised. He just turned and said "no problem".

I sort of got the impression that if they weren't the slightest bit interested in picking fights with teenagers in a pub they were welcome in.

The Windsor and Maidenhead Hells Angels had been in a few "scraps" that made the national news at the time, but we used to drink in the same pub as them (The Ferry at Cookham) - there were "bikers bikes" and 50cc mopeds parked outside, but everyone got on fine. Didn't interact much, but there was no grief.

Once, I got nudged on my way back from the bar and spilt beer down an Angel's back. My immediate thought was "FUCK". I apologised. He just turned and said "no problem".

I sort of got the impression that if they weren't the slightest bit interested in picking fights with teenagers in a pub they were welcome in.

I’m sure this lot are nice enough, the pub was advertising a family fun day the weekend just gone. I have a friend who lives five doors away from the pub and is convinced that there will be agro there, but he’s a fucking doctor so can patch people up if there is some, so not sure what he’s fretting about...

Should have formed a teen gang with pouring a pint on a Hell's Angel as the initiation rite.
Funny enough, it was an initiation rite that got the Windsor and Maidenhead into trouble with other Angels. I don't want to big up Hell's Angels, but I don't think my little bunch of mates would have lasted 5 mins if we had taken them on.

Which pub is it?

Noticed a couple of Angels around Sheffield recently. I suppose when I was (a lot) younger I was a bit more inclined to romanticise them... But now find it a bit hard to get past the whole white supremacy thing.

There’s quite a lot of bikers who live round here (I’m not from godalming but nearby), there’s a few clubs around.

The HA are not welcome in many pubs now. You would have to work hard to provoke trouble with them unless you are an Outlaw then it’s easy.

Damn near fifty years ago, I was at a festival in Buxton.

Chuck Berry headlined, Wizzard, Eric Broughton, Nazareth all appeared.

Someone thought that employing the Hells Angels to do security was a good idea. :rolleyes: It did lead to the incongruous spectacle of Chuck Berry duck walking across the stage with three Hells Angels following him.

I was standing, stoned, watching Edgar Broughton doing 'Out demons out', totally immersed in the experience. Then I noticed that the crowd had parted, leaving me standing alone. On looking over my shoulder, a Hells Angel wearing a WWII German army helmet, which had been stripped of its paint and polished to a high shine, was standing behind me, with his mates in line behind him, patiently waiting for me to get out of the way. I did, rapidly.

If I hadn't been so stoned I'd probably have shat myself. :eek:

The HA are not welcome in many pubs now. You would have to work hard to provoke trouble with them unless you are an Outlaw then it’s easy.
Or an Outcast. The big fight in Battersea that left at least two dead was Outcasts vs. HA.

Like a few on this thread I lived near the Reading clubhouse. Always wondered what it was like inside, it certainly didn’t seem to be a place you could break into. It’s on a fairly nondescript suburban street and you could miss it if not paying close attention.

A colleagues brother went in on a guest night apparently, but I never got any details.

Like a few on this thread I lived near the Reading clubhouse. Always wondered what it was like inside, it certainly didn’t seem to be a place you could break into. It’s on a fairly nondescript suburban street and you could miss it if not paying close attention.

A colleagues brother went in on a guest night apparently, but I never got any details.

Hells Angels guest night? :D

Back
Top Bottom