Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biker gangs / "patch clubs"

fwiw, I think the fact of filming the interaction and uploading it to the internet definitely makes the patch club member the more traffic one there. Although I did also find it a bit stressful how the SoA kid seemed permanently on the verge of sparking up a cig while stood next to a petrol pump, I don't really know how any of that stuff works but that feels like it must be a bad idea?

True, it's definitely Lifestyle Biker territory. It is very close to the Hells Angels Clubhouse on Hackney Road though, so I bet they pop in from time to time for some entertainment. :D
This wasn't Hell's Angels, it was another one I'd never seen before. They were all on a mix bag of bikes. The interaction happened after all of them had left bar one guy who stayed to chat to other people not in their gang and as he left he went over to the table next to ours to have a word.
He looked over to us for validation and we started laughing.
The Bike Shed is a lifestyle place but also a club that goes out of their way to make sure everyone is welcome regardless of what bike someone is on.

This wasn't Hell's Angels, it was another one I'd never seen before. They were all on a mix bag of bikes. The interaction happened after all of them had left bar one guy who stayed to chat to other people not in their gang and as he left he went over to the table next to ours to have a word.
And what did the guy in the SoA best reply to him? Told him to fuck off and mind his own business, I hope.

He looked over to us for validation and we started laughing.
The Bike Shed is a lifestyle place but also a club that goes out of their way to make sure everyone is welcome regardless of what bike someone is on.

Fair enough, I always thought it was just a themed bar, glad it has a mission as well. :)

If he had any sense he’d have taken the advice.

Yes, because it's lame for a grown man to wear a SoA vest, not because some knob issued a thickly veiled threat. These so-called 1%ers are pathetic - bikes should be for everyone, from the leather daddy cruisers to the wannabe mods on scooters, via the power rangers on sportsbikes, the adv nerds, and the retro hipsters.

People have been threatened before about this. See below:

Totally traffic behaviour from the biker guy there - I'd like to see him try that shit with the leathermen of the Folsom Street Fair or somewhere.

"Folks have died because of those vests - and there's no arse in your chaps, you're a disgrace, man."

And what did the guy in the SoA best reply to him? Told him to fuck off and mind his own business, I hope.
He was dumbstruck by the remark and said thanks, turn around and carried on his conversation with he friends.
Kept on wearing the vest for the rest of the night 👍🏻

Hang on, so the guy was being threatened over wearing a patch of a non-existent biker gang? That's pretty wild.
Yep. It’s utterly ridiculous, but HA, Outlaws etc. really do take this silliness very bloody seriously. Get on the wrong side of them and you’re in deep shit.

Yep. It’s utterly ridiculous, but HA, Outlaws etc. really do take this silliness very bloody seriously. Get on the wrong side of them and you’re in deep shit.
I am unconvinced someone wearing a vest advertising a fictional biker gang would find themselves in deep shit from any biker gang, beyond some barely credible trash talk. I'm sure if it had ever happened, there would be many court cases and news stories about it, and I've only found one, in Australia.

I can find lots of dickheads on forums going 'oh you mustn't do that the hells angels would think it's disrespectful!' though. Forgive me for thinking perhaps, fuck those guys.

The actual HA themselves don't do the obvious violence, but they do have a bunch of wannabees, hangers on, and prospect members who gleefully do their masters bidding. I personally think it would be wise to avoid antagonising them.

A full HA came to a party at my actual home once, he politely asked me to call him by his name rather than the friendly "mush" that I called everyone by. I politely did, but the conversation did not go very far.

yeah, iirc one of the outlaws (at that time called something else i think) who were the gang that killed gerry tobin stayed at my flat one night in the early 90's playing cards and drinking (my then mate knew them well, had some business with them.) i personally wouldn't mess with them but each to their own i suppose! As it goes he came across as quite a nice bloke, but with a definite sense of genuine, unforced menace under the surface. They were based in a rough estate and they basically ran that area, much more than the police, even banishing people who pissed them off in some way.

I am unconvinced someone wearing a vest advertising a fictional biker gang would find themselves in deep shit from any biker gang, beyond some barely credible trash talk. I'm sure if it had ever happened, there would be many court cases and news stories about it, and I've only found one, in Australia.

I can find lots of dickheads on forums going 'oh you mustn't do that the hells angels would think it's disrespectful!' though. Forgive me for thinking perhaps, fuck those guys.
I’d suggest there hasn’t been things in the news because most people when getting a hint from a group of HA would probably do the sensible thing and do as they’re told.

I’ve seen up close how they operate when they think somone has disrespected their club, or overstepped what they perceive as the line to their clubs business. It isn’t pretty.

Back
Top Bottom