Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biker gangs / "patch clubs"

So you're saying the lack of evidence that these guys do deranged acts of violence over nothing is evidence that their reputation for deranged acts of violence over nothing means people don't challenge them?

Have you considered that you might be helping them out with that whole reputation thing here?

So you're saying the lack of evidence that these guys do deranged acts of violence over nothing is evidence that their reputation for deranged acts of violence over nothing means people don't challenge them?

Have you considered that you might be helping them out with that whole reputation thing here?
No, I’m saying I’ve seen first hand what happens if you get in their way so choose to act accordingly. Others are free to do as they please.

You've seen first hand what happens when someone wears a fictional biker gang's vest and some dickhead biker gets the hump?
No, I’ve seen first hand what happens when a dickhead biker thinks someone is disrespecting their club. And I know enough about these guys to accept that someone wearing a fictional clubs colours could well fall under that category.

I remember visiting the Kent Custom show many years ago, there were hundreds of bikers including lots of Hells Angels. I took some drugs that didn't agree with me, got a little paranoid about the place and left early.

I'd like some more details about this first hand experience tbh, and how it compares to the whole fictional biker gang patch situation. I mean, I can imagine they might be dangerous if you were selling speed on their patch, or pissed on one of their motorbikes or something. I don't believe wearing a mass produced, commonly available vest advertising a television show is something anyone should approach with any real fear of reprisal though.

I'd like some more details about this first hand experience tbh, and how it compares to the whole fictional biker gang patch situation. I mean, I can imagine they might be dangerous if you were selling speed on their patch, or pissed on one of their motorbikes or something. I don't believe wearing a mass produced, commonly available vest advertising a television show is something anyone should approach with any real fear of reprisal though.
I've known/hung around with enough of them in my youth, and that's all you're getting.

As for the SoA merch - it's only the very specific design (top rocker, patch, bottom rocker) colours replicas that they'll have issues with. Hoodies, shorts, caps and all the other stuff is fine. Exactly the same as the "support merch" all the big clubs sell with their own logos on. But to them the full patch vests represent something worth - literally - dying for. I'm not saying every person who walks down the street wearing one is going to end up in trouble. But wearing one where 1%er club members are likely to be - particularly if there's a lot of them or they're somewhere on "club business" - is going to get the wearer in trouble if they don't remove it when asked. And they will be asked.

Like a Milwall fan getting upset at someone wearing a Streatham Rovers shirt.
This is a good point actually - I've seen grown men in Manchester United shirts shouting abuse at kids in Manchester City shirts in Manchester City Centre on a derby day. I don't think the right response to that kind of ludicrous activity is to say Well, the children shouldn't wear Manchester City tops, Manchester United fans are very mean and they might see it as disrespecting their team. The right response is Fuck that guy.

This is a good point actually - I've seen grown men in Manchester United shirts shouting abuse at kids in Manchester City shirts in Manchester City Centre on a derby day. I don't think the right response to that kind of ludicrous activity is to say Well, the children shouldn't wear Manchester City tops, Manchester United fans are very mean and they might see it as disrespecting their team. The right response is Fuck that guy.
Honestly, anyone getting upset about someone wearing merchandise from a fictional TV show needs to be ridiculed for the pathetic little baby they are.

Honestly, anyone getting upset about someone wearing merchandise from a fictional TV show needs to be ridiculed for the pathetic little baby they are.
They have the same sort of unflinching attitude to their outfit as say the SAS do about theirs, best not to get involved or provoke in any way

We're talking about white supremacists who at the very least believe they're the most lawless thing on the planet. Of course they're going to be dicks about shit that seems petty.

I don't disagree. I'm merely pointing out that anyone trying this approach is very much increasing their chances of sampling the local hospital facilities.

Walking around town wearing the same clothes as the rest of their little gang, it's a bit like those kids who wear "Leavers 2020" hoodies.

Bit like wearing a para t-shirt around Colchester if your not a para.
Pissing off violent dickheads is fair enough if that's what you want to do, but best not done by accident.
Their was a very silly thread on arse about the Royal British Legion having back rockers on their patches etc it's a'll a bit blue oyster club.

If you want to join a patch club.
Just don't dress like one if you are not they tend to have people who take it really really seriously.
A lot of biker shops wouldn't stock sons of anarchy merch because thats basically selling a t-shirt that says please beat me.

not defending it its just what it is

Back
Top Bottom