Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC presenter Huw Edwards suspended over paying for sexual pics.

You mean, like people whose twitter gets hacked by people saying deeply regrettable things?:hmm:
:D No. I mean genuinely. What's to stop anyone going on a dating app or Only Fans or whatever and messaging someone claiming to be someone famous? I've never used either but I presume they don't check you are who you say you are? Or prevent you lying in messages?

Support for our plucky beleaguered broadcaster from an unexpected direction

Nice to see members of the craft sticking together!

The whole situation is beyond ridiculous now, considering the BBC's statement today has basically confirmed who it is.

You don't need social media rumors to work it out, you just need to connect two pieces of information put out by the BBC themselves, and bingo.

The whole situation is beyond ridiculous now, considering the BBC's statement today has basically confirmed who it is.

You don't need social media rumors to work it out, you just need to connect two pieces of information put out by the BBC themselves, and bingo.
🤷‍♀️

They took if off the dating app, we know not why, perhaps just young and naïve, perhaps he hadn't been honest with his profile, especially his age, which is hardy uncommon!
Point of reference: they would have both had to specify the age range they were looking for though, and their interests, otherwise they would never have matched.

Being put under undue pressure to meet, and getting a load of shit for saying no / not yet is really common for online dating; I’ve had it a few times. It doesn’t bother me but I can definitely see that if I was in my late teens or early 20s I think I could feel intimidated etc. It could just be someone cashing in on the drama of course, but we don’t know the content of the messages so to just go ‘but this is normal for online dating’ seems pretty absurd to me.

Point of reference: they would have both had to specify the age range they were looking for though, and their interests, otherwise they would never have matched.

may depend what site / app.

it's a while since i've tried, but one i'm thinking of allowed you to do searches on things including age ranges, but don't think there was anything that allowed you to block people outside your own range of preferences from contacting you. the recipient of any first approach could then choose to reply / send a polite no thanks / ignore the message / ignore the message and block that individual.

it may have all got more complicated / sophisticated since then...

Being put under undue pressure to meet, and getting a load of shit for saying no / not yet is really common for online dating; I’ve had it a few times. It doesn’t bother me but I can definitely see that if I was in my late teens or early 20s I think I could feel intimidated etc. It could just be someone cashing in on the drama of course, but we don’t know the content of the messages so to just go ‘but this is normal for online dating’ seems pretty absurd to me.
Is this in response to what I said? I didn’t give any kind of timeline just that once you get to know someone it’s pretty normal to exchange numbers.

:D No. I mean genuinely. What's to stop anyone going on a dating app or Only Fans or whatever and messaging someone claiming to be someone famous? I've never used either but I presume they don't check you are who you say you are? Or prevent you lying in messages?
It seems he moved it to meeting up or being on cam together. I agree it’s monumentally stupid if you’re in a position where you might be blackmailed or the story ends up in the press….

Yeah, both cam and dating sites surely have terms and conditions regarding age so if someone was underage they must have lied about this fact. Hardly the presenter’s fault although they were clearly plumbing to pretty socially unacceptable depths with their interests.
Being on a dating site is “plumbing to pretty socially unacceptable depths” in your view?

Sort it out J, ffs!

Back
Top Bottom