Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC - Owen Jones

:eek::eek::eek:

Waits for the self-appointed guardians of righteousness to appear...
Your main purpose on this thread appears to be derail it. Given that your last thread came with a title so offensive you were awarded an immediate ban, I'd suggest you tread a little carefully from now on, because it's all getting a bit trollesque.

That can be read in so many ways.
No, it can't. You used a deeply, deeply offensive word as a thread title and added no explanation or context. There is no wriggling or bluffing out of that. You were bang out of order and many boards would have perma-banned you on the spot for such racist/trolling/provocative conduct. But don't take my word for it. Go join some popular forums and start a thread with the same title, and the same post, and see how you get on.

No, it can't. You used a deeply, deeply offensive word as a thread title and added no explanation or context. There is no wriggling or bluffing out of that. You were bang out of order and many boards would have perma-banned you on the spot for such racist/trolling/provocative conduct. But don't take my word for it. Go join some popular forums and start a thread with the same title, and the same post, and see how you get on.

I used a deeply offensive word for a reason, as I had the courtesy to explain to you via pm. I also admitted that the use of such a word without further explanation was wrong. I did not try to 'wriggle' or 'bluff' - instead I contacted you directly and offered an explanation.

You will also recognise (as I indicated) why the use of the term 'racist' against me is, to put it politely, 'problematic'. I see, however, that such accusations (unfounded and based on no evidence) appear to remain unchallenged.

I used a deeply offensive word for a reason, as I had the courtesy to explain to you via pm. I also admitted that the use of such a word without further explanation was wrong
You seemed to be saying rather different a few moments ago.

Anyway, this thread isn't about you or your well deserved ban.

You seemed to be saying rather different a few moments ago.

Anyway, this thread isn't about you or your well deserved ban.

You are absolutely right - this thread is not about that. However, we could raise the question of authenticity and the issue of assumptions being made by way of prejudice. My ban was NOT well deserved - and it highlighted the implicit prejudices of particular posters.

You are absolutely right - this thread is not about that. However, we could raise the question of authenticity and the issue of assumptions being made by way of prejudice. My ban was NOT well deserved - and it highlighted the implicit prejudices of particular posters.
Hey, there's some things I get to decide around here as the bloke who started this site, and although I may get things wrong from time to time, banning a poster for starting a thread with the title "N*gger" was one hundred per fucking cent correct. And don't take it personally: any cunt posting up a thread title like that gets banned too. Every fucking time.

Back
Top Bottom