Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Avoiding coronation

Unfortunately there is a street party not far away,but we have plenty to watch on netflix etc, and when I do some house work will have planet rock on to hopefully drown out the crap.

There is a street party in the close on Sunday, we had one for Platty Jubes and it was very enjoyable, one person did try to get a chorus of "God Save The Queen" going and not one single person joined in so she stopped and tried to pretend she hadn't done it. I suspect she won't bother this time around. I don't know if anyone will try to make coronation quiche but I am really hoping that the Indian family at No 5 make the curry again that they made for Platty Jubes.
That sounds like the kind of embarrassment that would still haunt someone on their deathbed. ‘Oh, god, the time I…’ - poor woman.

I've just travelled down to London from up north and was pleasantly surprised how few visual reminders of Sausages Gets a Hat Day there were. Just a massive advert/banner thing at King's X was all I saw, nothing so far at Stratford. :thumbs:

So apparently I have to avoid 11:00 to 14.30 ....

It was so much easier before smartphones.
I would hope the park might be safe - though there were some people wearing suits under a gazebo today :hmm: - though that was probably people in a house along the side who where they have almost no back gardens.
Perhaps it's the incentive I need to put in a few miles on the bike ...

I wasn't going to do much but was going to watch it on the telly because i like big events. Also the flypast will go straight over our house so I'm not missing that.

As an Irish Republican and a republican (UK) I should be appalled and recoil from the horror of it all but it allows a certain amount of abuse to be hurled at the telly and makes for some pretty pictures so finding it hard to get too riled about it.

Anyhoo, our neighbours are now throwing a street party and they are very nice so we have offered to help a bit. It helps that they are both British Bangladeshi so the local racists will be hopping mad and I like that. :D

Last edited:
I wasn't going to do much but was going to watch it on the telly because i like big events. Also the flypast will go straight over our house so I'm not missing that.

As an Irish Republican and a republican (UK) I should be appalled and recoil from the horror of it all but it allows a certain amount of abuse to be hurled at the telly and makes for some pretty pictures so finding it hard to get too riled about it all.

Anyhoo, our neighbours are now throwing a street party and they are very nice so we have offered to help a bit. It helps that they are both British Bangladeshi so the local racists will be hopping mad and I like that. :D

I'm going to atone for my sins by wearing some union jack pants inside out on the day.

Not just pants will have other clothes on as well, it's a family event.

nightowl I haven’t read the thread yet, but I believe washing your hands for twenty seconds several times a day, and wearing a mask in crowded places is the best course of action.

Oh… sorry, my bad. I was thinking of a different virus.

I was very pleased to be out of the country during the queen’s funeral schiz, but I reckon the coronation will be a laugh. Central London, away from the procession routes, gets eerily quiet during these things which is quite a rare experience. I remember lying in the middle of the road in Trafalgar Square during Diana’s funeral. The roads weren’t closed but the whole country was watching the telly.

We’re going into town for a few beers, take some photos and see what’s going on. Soho in particular should be fun.
You're trying to avoid 1 king by mixing with lots of queens? :eek: ;)

As i work in retail and it's my weekend on i will be working all through it......we are open as usual

My cunning plan is living in another hemisphere where despite the fact that the inbred sausage fingered fuckwit is still our HoS no one really cares enough to watch stuff the following day. I mean I'm sure a few cap doffers and older Brit immigrants will stay up to watch something they won't impinge on my consciousness.

Actually you may be thinking of the Royal George? - that was closer to the Astoria.
You had to go down a little alley - but it did have a Charing Cross Road address...
Closed in 2021 but reopened the same year...
Then...

View attachment 373032

Now...
27038762__OSi1RtM7Rt-kkJ2jhAq7ZMn6uSujRkB8Ei0ZzUEhjs.jpg
it looks like an Indian restaurant

Back
Top Bottom