Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assassination attempt on Trump, 13th July 2024

"In a shocking act on July 13, a man attempted to assassinate Donald Trump at a campaign rally in Butler, Pennsylvania. Trump will recover from his wound but, tragically, a 50-year-old man attending the rally was shot and killed.

"Violence has no place in a democratic political system, and we condemn this despicable act. Yet we must also acknowledge that no one has done more to inject violence into our political discourse than Trump.

"He demonizes his political opponents as “animals,” “scum” and “vermin.” He calls for jailing his opponents without cause and forcing them to stand before military tribunals. He speaks of the “bloodbath” that will occur if he loses the election. When a deranged man attempted to murder House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband with a hammer, Trump mocked the incident as his audience laughed.

"Trump creates serious fear in the minds of many Americans with his promises to destroy democratic norms and become a dictator on “day one” if he gets re-elected president. On January 6, 2021, he urged his supporters to march on the U.S. Capitol and did nothing as they launched a violent insurrection to overturn the 2020 election. At the Capitol, Trump's followers hunted Nancy Pelosi and chanted "hang Mike Pence.""

I thought I had misheard, but he really was looking for his shoes...

From transcript on CNN:

18:12:33: Trump: “Let me get my shoes, let me get my shoes.”

18:12:35: Male agent 2: “I got you sir, I got you sir.”

18:12:36: Trump: “Let me get my shoes on.”

18:12:37: Another male agent: “hold on, your head is bloody.”

18:12:39: Male agent 2: “Sir we’ve got to move to the car sir.”

18:12:42: Trump: “Let me get my shoes.”

18:12:43: Female agent: “OK, [inaudible].”

Does he like to slip off his shoes before a speech? How did his shoes come off? What's with the shoes?

From transcript on CNN:

Does he like to slip off his shoes before a speech? How did his shoes come off? What's with the shoes?
Could just be down to shock / cnfusion, tbf

From transcript on CNN:

1721039092471.png

From transcript on CNN:

He's probably wearing an electronic tag.

I hate the assumption that if we hate Trump, we must love Biden. Biden is a scumbag too, just a more tolerable scumbag since our political system has saddled us with one or the other AGAIN!
I largely agree, but I’m not sure how tolerable Biden is. What a statement on democracy that this is the choice. Trump or Biden. Jesus. And “if you don’t vote you can’t complain”. Really? That’s the choice and you can’t complain?

I largely agree, but I’m not sure how tolerable Biden is. What a statement on democracy that this is the choice. Trump or Biden. Jesus. And “if you don’t vote you can’t complain”. Really? That’s the choice and you can’t complain?
Also if you do vote you're still not supposed to complain because either "well you voted for them" or if the one you voted for lost "well that's democracy".

and if you can't vote, if you're one of the millions of people whose vote has been removed or suppressed?

The Republicans would say that's your own fault for not falling into line. It was rather entertaining to watch some of the 1/6 rioters go to prison. They complained about how inhumane it was, while for years they've championed the exact policies that make prison inhumane.

Back
Top Bottom