Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Andor (Star Wars)

I enjoyed it, although I didn't immediately jump into eps 2-3 as quickly as I thought I would, in fact had a couple of hours break between each.

I do have a massive problem in that I didn't really like the Andor character in Rogue One, so I hope I'l warm to him soon.

I enjoyed it, although I didn't immediately jump into eps 2-3 as quickly as I thought I would, in fact had a couple of hours break between each.

I do have a massive problem in that I didn't really like the Andor character in Rogue One, so I hope I'l warm to him soon.
I'm eagerly waiting until such time as K-2SO is introduced to the story and becomes a regular :D. Sadly we might have to wait until S2 for that...

hopefully he merk a few more fellas and you warm up to him plus he side kick is a sarcastic security droid so thier that to look forward to

I watched 2 & 3 again tonight as my OH felt asleep on the sofa last night and wanted to watch them again, and I’ve enjoyed them even more the second time around :)

Assuming this is the one Diego Luna was referring to in a recent interview and not one yet to be shown, the city where the action takes place was a real set of considerable size and mostly physical prop buildings, rather than a CGI job. Shame Tony Gilroy and the rest of team who worked on Rogue One and now this weren’t in charge of visual effects for the new trilogy films and the other series. They are the only ones who fully get where the line between practical effects and CGI should be.drawn.

Just watched all three in one go, after only intending to watch the first. Thought it was brilliant from start to finish, everything that Obi-Wan wasn't and I hope it keeps that standard up for the rest of the season.

I liked it from the start, I do like dirty sci-fi looking stuff. The Corporation security team is just how I'd expect them to be.

The bit where Syril Karn is asked if his uniform has been altered was great and set his character off well

that was fantastic, as were nearly all the other cop scenes (especially the speech)

This is probably what I am struggling with most. I'm only two eps in but I just don't really care what happens to him (or anyone for that matter). Had the same feelings throughout rogue one.

maxresdefault_(2).jpg

* shudders * :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I nicked it from sainsburys in vauxhall (when it was 24 hours) the night before seeing the phantom menace (next morning in clapham).
I took a day off work and got myself all topped up on drugs. . . . but sat there . . . slowly . . . realising . . . it was just a huge . . . pile . . . of . . . shit.

I remember being actually quite exited and fulfilled for the first 10 or 15 minutes though, before all the cgi kicked in.

I fully respect people liking or disliking anything, even though I might disagree with it.

Still, there are some disagreements that don’t bother me, and others that make me wonder how my opinion and the other party’s could differ so much. Perfectly fine if one doesn’t like SW at all. But if you like SW universe on principle and are older than 12, then I’d expect a defensible judgement on your best/ worst films list.

Rogue One should be absolutely no lower than no. 5 on anyone’s list AFAIAC. It should be joint top 3 with ROTJ if not actually above it, but I’ll allow the debatable opinion of it being below the least bad of the prequels, Revenge of the Sith.

Any suggestions of Rogue One being worse than the new trilogy, or episodes I & II, or Solo, is utter madness. As absurd in my book as an adult who likes superhero genre films in general and Batman films in particular, but actually thinks the Christopher Nolan trilogy is shit, and puts Batman Forever above it on their personal list.

Rogue One should be absolutely no lower than no. 5 on anyone’s list AFAIAC. It should be joint top 3 with ROTJ if not actually above it, but I’ll allow the debatable opinion of it being below the least bad of the prequels, Revenge of the Sith.
Rogue One would be great if IMO if it wasn't for three things. It's incredibly bloated. The lead actors have no depth and are instantly forgettable. It connects directly to the beginning of the first star wars and makes the whole thing (and the one single line the whole story is based on) rather silly.

Which brings me to Andor EP3.
Andor himself is just not an interesting enough character to hang a series on. I also already know he is never personally in any real peril . We know he doesn't die . . . but then we also know that he later does. Makes it difficult to care.
I feel they should have done a bit more of a mando take and just gone for someone joining the rebellion who has not already had their 'big' story told.

It's an interesting set up. Other people on other outer world planets joining the rebellion against the empire (almost in parallel to Biggs leaving the gang on tatooine)
The third episode was actually interesting in that you can see rather more clearly why everyone hates the presence of the empire on a more micro focused basis.
Three or four laughable flaws that I am willing to look past this time because it's just a bit of fun, so on the whole quite good apart from Mr Andor himself.

Back
Top Bottom