Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Andor (Star Wars)

Perhaps so, but that's not a good advert. Having to wade through two turgid episodes on the hope it becomes something i like

tbf i have that sentiment about breaking bad

people tell me the last 2 season are telly gold

but the first season just had me wanting to murder his family every single one
and the second season had me quit the show

I started my chronological order (live action films and series only though) marathon on Monday, so I'm not going to leap straight into this (not far off though!)

I love Rogue One so am hopeful that I'll enjoy this.

Does anyone know when the other episodes are scheduled to arrive? Probably only going to sub for this cheap deal month and binge watch everything.

if its like other series its going to be weekly sadly if you only got the free month

12 episodes

I started my chronological order (live action films and series only though) marathon on Monday, so I'm not going to leap straight into this (not far off though!)

I love Rogue One so am hopeful that I'll enjoy this.

Does anyone know when the other episodes are scheduled to arrive? Probably only going to sub for this cheap deal month and binge watch everything.
The first three episodes have dropped this week (with more than one review saying it was a wise move, as things only get going properly on ep 3), then it's once a week. So you'd have to wait until about November before subscribing if you want to catch the entire season within a 30-day subscription.

The first three episodes have dropped this week (with more than one review saying it was a wise move, as things only get going properly on ep 3), then it's once a week. So you'd have to wait until about November before subscribing if you want to catch the entire season within a 30-day subscription.

Thanks for the info! I think I'll watch what I can before the cheap month is up and carry on with the rest of my marathon, then maybe get it again over Xmas to finish the series if I want to see the rest. :thumbs:

like the dirty lived in aesthetic of the first episode

sci fi in general has dystopia that look like someone's cleaning all the time
give me some dirty and grime

and yes AS will hate it as its not Space murder she wrote or Space Ca-bumbo
That was one of the innovations of the original Star Wars, so it's hardly new to this. Until the 60s the future was mostly imagined as antiseptic and slick, by the 70s/80s the future got grimy and lived-in with the likes of Star Wars, Alien, Mad Max and Blade Runner.

the prequel and sequels of the main line story of star wars and the book of boba, madoloria and Kenobi series lack this living in look far to clean for my liking

aside from that agree with you :)

and yes AS will hate it as its not Space murder she wrote or Space Ca-bumbo
No. That's what I said Obiwan or Picard should have been. This is obviously something different. I just don't want everything to try and be Star Wars a new hope, I don't want every rogue to be another Han Solo or every woman to be a peppy princess leia. I want them to do something different in the world of star wars.
Maybe they will. WHo knows. I liked the first two episiodes of breaking bad and did wank all over the first series of the wire.

Reactions: Ax^
go watch andor and say it shite :p

rogue one was one better than any off the mainlines storys it was released around, aside from maybe the first 15 minutes of the force awakens
and you did not like the characters because they were not jedi or high profile to be relevant in universe

the stuff you are complaining about is odd to me

page me when they make a series on darth maul. until then, forget it.

So far we have had Obi Yawn Kenobi.
Book of boring fett

I'll watch it at some point before my subscription runs out. . . But I have to say this is all getting long past the point that I care all that much. I don't even remember him to any great degree in rouge one, (not even his name, I thought this series was about a planet call andor) . . And he was the lead!!! so I can only hope they concentrate a bit more in fleshing characters out.

I don't see anything exciting in that trailer, but I guess I'm not the target market anymore (and others here clearly still are)

The planet thing threw me too. I suppose because Star Trek has Andorians.

book of boba fett - Mandalorian season 2.5 just encase if any one quit in the first couple of episodes btw

Book of Boba Fett was awful. Or at least I quite liked the Sand people stuff, but the town was just so bad.

This is the other thing about the 'for kids' notion - Mandalorian starts with space nazis trying to abduct a child, Boba Fett starts(ish) with a massacre. I mean maybe it's a bit like Terminator; every kid watching it despite the rating, and being essentially a kid's film, but it's still hard to claim they're the target audience.

This is the other thing about the 'for kids' notion - Mandalorian starts with space nazis trying to abduct a child, Boba Fett starts(ish) with a massacre. I mean maybe it's a bit like Terminator; every kid watching it despite the rating, and being essentially a kid's film, but it's still hard to claim they're the target audience.

I don't think kids are the target audience, I think I'm the target audience :D

True. These films and tv series aren't made for kids they are made to appeal to as wide a demographic as possible, because that's where the money/viewership is. The majority of people who watch this are adults. This forum is proof enough, most of the discussions about film and tv revolve around this type of thing and I think the average age of Urban must be somewhere in the 40s.

I've just started. Two minutes in and it's already a little bit Columbo .
Well, if you don’t like it after two full minutes, you might as well quit it as it surely a fair representation of the entire twelve-episode. How much bloody time do these film & series makers expect us to invest in their creations before things get properly going? :mad:

Last edited:
Well, if you don’t like it after two full minutes, you might as well quit it as it surely a fair representation of the entire twelve-episode. How much bloody time do these film & series makers expect us to invest in their creations before things get properly going? :mad:
You have obviously not been following my posts (not that you should/have to).
Going at it from a different angle and doing something like a Colombo in space was what I had asked for, rather than just doing the usual Star Wars.
Obviously it didn't quite turn out to be Colombo in space by the end of the ep but it's nice they are doing something different.

. . . . however. . . . after a promising start I was bored by half way through and it began to feel a bit more caravan of courage than return of the Jedi production wise. I also didn't like the noodle box. Lucas banned paper and card, and now it looks like that was actually a good idea. It looked well cheap and out of place, no matter how blue the noodles were.

Last edited:
I finished the first episode. The very start is awful. I would say it picks up but I honestly don't know what was going on. It has a very strange vibe that is very not star wars

You have obviously not been following my posts (not that you should/have to).
Going at it from a different angle and doing something like a Colombo in space was what I had asked for, rather than just doing the usual Star Wars.
Obviously it didn't quite turn out to be Colombo in space by the end of the ep but it's nice they are doing something different.

. . . . however. . . . after a promising start I was bored by half way through and it began to feel a bit more caravan of courage than return of the Jedi. I also didn't like the noodle box. Lucas banned paper and card, and now it looks like that was actually a good idea. It looked well cheap and out of place, no matter how blue the noodles were.
Ah… I apologise for what it’s worth :)

But I would say to you and anyone unconvinced by the first couple of episodes to ensure you watch the first three before you decide whether to stick with it, at least according to peeps online anyway. Will report after I’ve watched them myself.

Finished the first episode and FWIW I won’t blame anyone who thinks it is bad, boring, underwhelming, or completely unlike Star Wars. In a way it’s not unlike the opening hour of Prey would feel to most fans of the Predator franchise. For the record I rather enjoyed it myself, if only because I wasn’t expecting or hoping for a disneyfied fan service product with adorable creatures and fan service, which thankfully this has fuck all of so far.

Ultimately you’d be as much of a fool to give up the series or become prejudiced against it after the first episode as someone who walks out of a cinema after just ten minutes of watching a film, in particular one that’s being talked about in very positive terms.

Last edited:
Finished the first episode and FWIW I won’t blame anyone who thinks it is bad, boring, underwhelming, or completely unlike Star Wars. In a way it’s not unlike the opening hour of Prey would feel to most fans of the Predator franchise. For the record I rather enjoyed it myself, if only because I wasn’t expecting or hoping for a disneyfied fan service product with adorable creatures and fan service, which thankfully this has fuck all of so far.

Ultimately you’d be as much of a fool to give up the series or become prejudiced against it after the first episode as someone who walks out of a cinema after just ten minutes of watching a film, in particular one that’s being talked about in very positive terms.
Not watched any of them yet but i will watch all 3 before i reach any verdict on it. Bit late to start them now. Will binge them all tommorow night.

Okay, watched the first three episodes available. Anyone concerned by the pace or entertaining value of the first two can certainly be be assured things pick up quickly and satisfactorily in the third.

Still not vintage stuff, but already very promising and a well written story arc that doesn’t concern itself with pleasing the traditional SW fan base. The antithesis of JJ Abrams, basically. A massive departure in tone from every single SW film and series to date, Rogue One excluded. About as Star Wars as The Joker is a superhero film, and I for one am more than happy with that. I’d also suggest its tone and premise might well be the only option Disney had going forward if they don’t want their ultra expensive franchise to die off the moment they wrap up Mando.

Very refreshing, old skool look as well. Minimal use of green screens, widespread filming on location, and good old fashioned sets as opposed to the wraparound screen Disney is so enamoured with nowadays.

Last edited:
I'm a bit bored of 'generic star wars town' and having quite specific types of action happening in them. But generally yes, the story etc is enough for me to stick with this one.

Back
Top Bottom