Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

Okaaaay...well I wasn't questioning whether the Syrian government was a regime or not, just on the loaded way in which the term is used. The US government is also a "regime", but not referred to as one. Authoritarian governments that happen to be on our side are still referred to as "governments" with "government forces".
They aren't on my side mate.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

On TDS Syria-bound Russian military jet crashes with 91 onboard
Defense ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov told Russian news agencies that one body had been recovered six kilometers off the coast of the resort city of Sochi, as a frantic search operation continued to hunt for the missing.

"Fragments of the Tu-154 plane of the Russian defense ministry were found 1.5 kilometers from the Black Sea coast of the city of Sochi at a depth of 50 to 70 meters," the ministry said.

The plane had been on a routine flight to Russia's Hmeimim airbase in western Syria, which has been used to launch airstrikes in Moscow's military campaign supporting its ally President Bashar Assad in the country's devastating civil war.

Among the plane's 84 passengers were Russian servicemen as well as 64 members of the Alexandrov Ensemble, the army's official musical group also known as the Red Army Choir, and its conductor Valery Khalilov. They were headed to Syria to participate in New Year celebrations at the airbase.

There were also eight crew members onboard, the ministry said.

Nine journalists were among the passengers, with state-run channels Pervy Kanal, NTV and Zvezda saying they each had three staff onboard the flight.

A list of passengers published by the defense ministry also included Elizaveta Glinka, a doctor and charity worker who serves on the Kremlin human rights council.

Mikhail Fedotov, who heads the council, said Glinka was travelling to Syria to bring medication to a university hospital in the coastal city of Latakia near the airbase, agencies reported.

BREAKING NEWS: Russia declares support for Occupy movement...reports suggest the Russian's are calling an intervention for humanitarian causes against an increasingly authoritarian UK government and are prepared to arm and train UK based rebels....apparently talks are underway via a General Assembly.

Hohoho. Merry Christmas.

On Aymenn Jawad Al-Tamimi's blog The Syrian Jihad: Al-Qaeda, the Islamic State and the Evolution of an Insurgency
On the whole, Lister's book could serve as a useful guide at times for a quick reference on military events in certain months of the Syrian civil war leading up to October 2015 or so. It also has occasionally interesting insights as explained earlier in this review. However, his work cannot be regarded as a definitive account of the jihadist insurgency in Syria and is not worth slogging through from start to finish if this is what one is looking for. The book certainly does not merit being considered a classic of jihadism literature, while comparisons of its writing style with that of Tom Clancy come across as sycophantic.[30]

There is certainly room for constructive suggestions for a future edition of the book that would lead to considerable improvement. Unfortunately, the potential to have reasonable public debate is often drowned out by ad hominem attacks on Twitter, deriding the author as a stooge of Qatar and engaging in simple name-calling like "armchair Blister" and "Jihad Lister."[31] The first step for improving the book is to reduce the amount of content that does not have much analytical value. Certain episodes should also be revisited with the view to exploring more Arabic source material from the time and perhaps looking for relevant local contacts to shed further light if possible. In the course of 2016, the author has shown he has valuable insights on the rebranding of Jabhat al-Nusra to Jabhat Fatah al-Sham[32]: this development will of course have to be incorporated into any future account of the Syrian jihad.

They aren't on my side mate.
Maybe not on a personal level, however our NATO/"coalition" regimes rather conveniently "overlook" the misdeeds of dodgy countries that happen to be our allies and refer to them as if they are legitimate governments and not as "regimes". Back in the day when the Ayatollah was the enemy du jour, we were backing Saddam. There are plenty more examples of dodgy regimes that we've supported just because we wanted to keep out the commies.

Maybe not on a personal level, however our NATO/"coalition" regimes rather conveniently "overlook" the misdeeds of dodgy countries that happen to be our allies and refer to them as if they are legitimate governments and not as "regimes". Back in the day when the Ayatollah was the enemy du jour, we were backing Saddam. There are plenty more examples of dodgy regimes that we've supported just because we wan?ted to keep out the commies.
Who and where ? You like legit govt do you? Don't rebel against a legit govt.

a 45 year dictatorship = legit.

Maybe not on a personal level, however our NATO/"coalition" regimes rather conveniently "overlook" the misdeeds of dodgy countries that happen to be our allies and refer to them as if they are legitimate governments and not as "regimes". Back in the day when the Ayatollah was the enemy du jour, we were backing Saddam. There are plenty more examples of dodgy regimes that we've supported just because we wanted to keep out the commies.
What about the millions of syrians who've fought fought for a new settlement? Am anti-regime picture?

You have nothing to say about syria. Please leave the thread.

Who and where ? You like legit govt do you? Don't rebel against a legit govt.

a 45 year dictatorship = legit.
What about the millions of syrians who've fought fought for a new settlement? Am anti-regime picture?
I have a preference for coherent and well presented arguments/points. I'll respond in kind if/when you can deliver. If you can only offer half baked and mangled ranting and then I'm not particularly interested.

I have a preference for coherent and well presented arguments/points. I'll respond in kind if/when you can deliver. If you can only offer half baked and mangled ranting and then I'm not particularly interested.
What on earth does this mean?

As regards this thread and the loon rush, nah,

What on earth does this mean?

As regards this thread and the loon rush, nah,
I guess I have to spell it out to you. Aren't you supposed to be an intelligent "non loon"?
Your posts are not coherent or well presented and appear to be just you shouting down on people who have a different opinion and calling them cunts etc. (how very civilised of you). I can't really be arsed with that. If you disagree with what I'm saying and think that it's wrong or inaccurate, then present your case in a civilised manner, without the shouting and name calling. Looks like that might be a bit of a challenge for you though.

I guess I have to spell it out to you. Aren't you supposed to be an intelligent "non loon"?
Your posts are not coherent or well presented and appear to be just you shouting down on people who have a different opinion and calling them cunts etc. (how very civilised of you). I can't really be arsed with that. If you disagree with what I'm saying and think that it's wrong or inaccurate, then present your case in a civilised manner, without the shouting and name calling. Looks like that might be a bit of a challenge for you though.
Get fucked

BREAKING NEWS: Russia declares support for Occupy movement...reports suggest the Russian's are calling an intervention for humanitarian causes against an increasingly authoritarian UK government and are prepared to arm and train UK based rebels....apparently talks are underway via a General Assembly.

Hohoho. Merry Christmas.
Surprise myself about UK rebels. Where their are.

Get fucked
True to form, lol. Intelligent discourse appears to be well beyond you, at least on this subject, so I guess you better stick to what you know, cursing and shouting, whatever floats your boat.

Here's some words of wisdom which you may find helpful, were you to take them on board, from the brilliant Billy Jole (as then yanks pronouce it)...

Some things were perfectly clear
seen with the vision of youth
No doubts and nothing to fear
I claimed the corner on truth
These days it's harder to say
I know what I'm fighting for
My faith is falling away
I'm not that sure anymore

Shades of grey wherever I go
The more I find out the less that I know
Black and white is how it should be
But shades of grey are the colors I see

Once there were trenches and walls
and one point of every view
Fight 'til the other man falls
Kill him before he kills you
These days the edges are blurred
I'm old and tired of war
I hear the other man's words

Shades of grey are all that I find
When I look to the enemy line
Black and white was so easy for me

Now with the wisdom of years
I try to reason things out
And the only people I fear
are those who never have doubts
Save us all from arrogant men
and all the causes they're for

I won't be righteous again

There ain't no rainbows shining on me
Shades of grey are the colors I see

True to form, lol. Intelligent discourse appears to be well beyond you, at least on this subject, so I guess you better stick to what you know, cursing and shouting, whatever floats your boat.

Here's some words of wisdom which you may find helpful, were you to take them on board, from the brilliant Billy Jole (as then yanks pronouce it)...

Some things were perfectly clear
seen with the vision of youth
No doubts and nothing to fear
I claimed the corner on truth
These days it's harder to say
I know what I'm fighting for
My faith is falling away

Black and white is how it should be

Once there were trenches and walls
and one point of every view
Fight 'til the other man falls
Kill him before he kills you
These days the edges are blurred
I'm old and tired of war
I hear the other man's words

Black and white was so easy for me

Now with the wisdom of years
I try to reason things out
And the only people I fear
are those who never have doubts
Save us all from arrogant men
and all the causes they're for

I won't be righteous again

Not many shades of grey in your posts pal

Not many shades of grey in your posts pal
...and that was a rather meaningless post tbh. Nothing specific just a vague "have a go" pot shot.

In case you didn't notice, I am not the one rudely cussing out others for having the audicity to have a different opinion. I think you'll find that compared to some of the the web savages in this thread I am open to all sides of the issue, but apparently that's not allowed and anyone that dares to disagree with the thread bully is a cunt. lol. Some people just don't know how to behave. :rolleyes: No manners, no class.

...and that was a rather meaningless post tbh. Nothing specific just a vague "have a go" pot shot.

In case you didn't notice, I am not the one rudely cussing out others for having the audicity to have a different opinion. I think you'll find that compared to some of the the web savages in this thread I am open to all sides of the issue, but apparently that's not allowed and anyone that dares to disagree with the thread bully is a cunt. lol. Some people just don't know how to behave. :rolleyes: No manners, no class.

Look at the vid you posted

not very shades of grey is it
You're expecting one vid to represent all the points of view? :hmm:

I think you're completely missing the point which was to allow people to express different points of view without trying to shut them down and silence them. The video represented another point of view. The web savages would prefer that only the point of view that they subscribe to is voiced and dissenters (otherwise known as cunts) better fuck off out of the thread. This sort of uncouth behaviour appears to be quite common in u75land.

On War Is Boring Al Assad’s Nighttime Killers
When insurgents drove deep inside eastern and southern Aleppo, the SyAAF’s L-39s concentrated on striking their headquarters, one of which Syrian jets struck no fewer than four times between Aug. 18 and 21, 2012.

Such precision is remarkable, considering that most of the SyAAF’s pilots went into this war without having participated in any kind of tactical or live-fire exercises for years.

While there’s no doubt that many of their bombs and rockets missed their targets or failed to detonate, Syrian L-39 pilots still proved capable of finding and targeting rebel forces even in densely built-up quarters of southern Aleppo.

The reason for this — the Syrian air force’s well-developed network of informers.

Owing to this precision, rumors circulated that the L-39s were being flown by Ukrainian mercenaries. The same network of informers enabled the SyAAF’s L-39s to concentrate on striking insurgent supply lines between the Turkish border and Aleppo.

The results were indisputable. For most of late 2012 and early 2013, very few truck drivers dared driving those roads by day.

Intensive combat operations and the proliferation of man-portable air-defense systems among insurgent forces resulted in a series of losses. Two L-39s were destroyed on the ground during an insurgent raid on Kweres air base on Sept. 30, 2012, while five were confirmed shot down over Aleppo governorate by the end of October of the same year.
One advantage the regime has always had over rebels: an extensive network of touts embedded in the revolt.

Back
Top Bottom