Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

Links you post that come from anti-semitic filth sites are anti-semitic filth. Like jazzz at the end - drowning in it.

How do you imagine everyone else manages not to post links from anti-semitic sites so consistently?

You don't like a couple edgy sites I've posted that include rightwingers and libertarians. Had I posted Daily Fail links or youtube... you'd be fine with the wash of antisemitism and racism that fils the comments section eh? You really are full of it apron.

This (the long standing personal digs and all) makes it really hard going here for new people, like for instance .. me, who come here to try to learn things, like about Syria for instance. Not exactly a complaint just saying.

This (the long standing personal digs and all) makes it really hard going here for new people, like for instance .. me, who come here to try to learn things, like about Syria for instance. Not exactly a complaint just saying.

Apols, I'll try to ignore the fuckwittery and stick to topic.

Pull the other one.

So - last week's conference in Vienna, which attempted to lay out a framework for a way out of the war:

"The plan presented by the two appeared to draw heavily on a recently circulated Russian initiative. With just two weeks elapsed since the Syria talks first convened, it could mark a significant advance, if successful.

It sets a Jan. 1 deadline for the start of negotiations between President Bashar al-Assad's government and opposition groups. Lavrov said the Syrian government already had put forward its representatives, with the U.N. special envoy for Syria, Staffan de Mistura, to begin immediate work on determining who should sit at the table as part of the opposition team.

Within six months, the negotiations between the Syrian sides are to establish "credible, inclusive and non-sectarian" transitional government that would set a schedule for drafting a new constitution and holding a free and fair U.N.-supervised election within 18 months, according to a joint statement released by the United Nations on behalf of the 19 parties to the talks.

But holes remained."

Diplomats set plan for Syrian government, opposition talks, new constitution, elections

Those holes may be the death of this plan yet, I think. But what do the rest of you think? A fudge to let Assad remain in power, while letting the west save face, and Russia keep its strategic interests in the eastern Med? Would it really help defeat Daesh?

And what would it mean for the secular opposition? I notice there's no mention of a truth and reconciliation commission. Those things may be overrated, but they tend to be part of the peace process package in most but not all cases. Where they don't occur, it's because of the way the political balance of forces is configured. . .

Anyway, those are just some random thoughts off the top of my head.

Last edited:
So - last week's conference in Vienna, which attempted to lay out a framework for a way out of the war:

"The plan presented by the two appeared to draw heavily on a recently circulated Russian initiative. With just two weeks elapsed since the Syria talks first convened, it could mark a significant advance, if successful.

It sets a Jan. 1 deadline for the start of negotiations between President Bashar al-Assad's government and opposition groups. Lavrov said the Syrian government already had put forward its representatives, with the U.N. special envoy for Syria, Staffan de Mistura, to begin immediate work on determining who should sit at the table as part of the opposition team.

Within six months, the negotiations between the Syrian sides are to establish "credible, inclusive and non-sectarian" transitional government that would set a schedule for drafting a new constitution and holding a free and fair U.N.-supervised election within 18 months, according to a joint statement released by the United Nations on behalf of the 19 parties to the talks.

But holes remained."

Diplomats set plan for Syrian government, opposition talks, new constitution, elections

Those holes may be the death of this plan yet, I think. But what do the rest of you think? A fudge to let Assad remain in power, while letting the west save face, and Russia keep its strategic interests in the eastern Med? Would it really help defeat Daesh?

And what would it mean for the secular opposition? I notice there's no mention of a truth and reconciliation commission. Those things may be overrated, but they tend to be part of the peace process package in most but not all cases. Where they don't occur, it's because of the way the political balance of forces is configured. . .

Anyway, those are just some random thoughts off the top of my head.
Whist was the input of the various Syrian oppositions? None. It's all meaningless fluff.

Whist was the input of the various Syrian oppositions? None. It's all meaningless fluff.
I'd say the exclusion of the Syrian oppositions is exactly what makes it meaningful - in a particular way that is. It means that the Great Powers are going to go ahead and try to impose a "solution" on the Syrian (I use the inverted commas advisedly).

I'd say the exclusion of the Syrian oppositions is exactly what makes it meaningful - in a particular way that is. It means that the Great Powers are going to go ahead and try to impose a "solution" on the Syrian (I use the inverted commas advisedly).
Then they have learnt nothing from the past three years. Or, they're going to do pr fluff in the full knowledge that without the oppositions anything they present is meaningless.

Then they have learnt nothing from the past three years. Or, they're going to do pr fluff in the full knowledge that without the oppositions anything they present is meaningless.
Yes, yes they have. And if they are without the opposition. . . well, how about a deniable turn towards Assad, instead?

i'd take a similar view - to some degree, different factions have become clients of different outside powers by dint of their reliance on those powers for military aid, that gives those outside powers some leverage with those factions. if a plan which the differing factions and the differing powers can live with emerges, then however flawed it might be, its probably better than whats going on in Syria right now.

sadly, i think we're are long past any 'good' results in Syria, all thats left is different strengths of shit.

15 new FSA/arab based factions joined sdf. These are new ones from the heart of Aleppo and similar places not from the area around raqqa/east band of Euphrates.

edit: we're looking at an attempt to clear jarubulus from the west here maybe, rather than the expected YPG attack from the east. Leaving the latter free for stuff around raqqaa.

Last edited:
You don't like a couple edgy sites I've posted that include rightwingers and libertarians. Had I posted Daily Fail links or youtube... you'd be fine with the wash of antisemitism and racism that fils the comments section eh? You really are full of it apron.

It's his stock in trade . You've refused to bow to his throne and agree with whatever tired ballsology hes peddling this time . therefore rather than engage your points he resorts ...as is his unerring style/ tactic to undermining your character . Today youre a fascist and anti semite..tomorrow who knows .He does this ad nauseum every time his fragile ego is dented by the outrageous calumny of someone daring to disagree with him.

And it's not just to undermine you, it's a blatant attempt to have you banned from the forum. Thats what he wants .Same goes for the pathetic little wankers who routinely add their likes to his cynical smear tactics . They'd like to see you banned as well having failed to drive you off the forum like they've done to other posters . It's their stock in trade and blatantly obvious by this stage . I've lost count of how many times the very same bunch of wankers have played the very same cynical card .

If there's one thing worse than being a pathetic bunch of arseholes it's being an utterly predictable set of pathetic arseholes .

Interview with Radio Zamaneh: On the Syrian Democratic and Revolutionary Opposition

The revolutionaries in these areas organise through popular councils at the levels of villages, neighbourhoods and regions. The popular councils have actually been the true spearheads of the movement that mobilized the people for the protests and organisation of daily life in areas where the regime disappeared. The regions liberated from the regime developed forms of self-organisation based on the organization of the masses. Youth and other form of coalitions also exist in Syria with varying types of activities.

On November 10, 2015, civil disobedience actions were organised by activists protesting against the kidnappings of revolutionaries by Jabhat Al-Nusra in the neighborhoods of Aleppo. On October 18, 2015, a campaign of solidarity of revolutionaries in Douma was organised with the Palestinian People and the Intifada. In October 6, 2015, a demonstration was organised by the revolutionaries in Aleppo against Jabhat Al-Nusra and demanded that it exit Aleppo. In September 25, 2015, Kurds, ‪‎Arabs, ‪‎Assyrians & ‪Turkmen marched against IS and Assad crimes in the neighbourhood of Sheikh Maqsoud in ‪Aleppo.

The defeat of the Syrian revolution and of the popular movement would therefore probably mark the end of the Rojava experience and the return to an era of oppression for the Kurds of Syria. The Assad regime and the Islamic reactionary forces would not allow any possible development of a political experience that is out of their authoritarian program.

Syria crisis: Assad says no transition while 'terrorists' remain - BBC News

Syria's President Bashar al-Assad has said a political process to end the country's bloody civil war cannot begin while it is occupied by "terrorists".

Mr Assad told Italian state television the timetable for elections "starts after starting to defeat terrorism".

It is unclear whether he was referring only to Islamic State (IS) militants or also to Western-backed rebels.

Last week, 19 countries - including Mr Assad's allies - set a deadline of 1 January for the start of peace talks....

Unclear? No it's not. He means - and openly said - all people other than him with any arms. He may have been referring to himself as well if the reporter is that confused.

This being the same world where people were aghast at the absurdity of the propaganda of Gaddafi when he ranted on about kids on drugs being responsible for the uprising against him.

Back
Top Bottom