Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And by thine t shirts shall ye be known

Nah,well personally speaking,ive worn music related t shirts etc since i was a kid an still do cos im a music junky,cant see anyone suggesting it constitutes style,its a thread about music t shirts on a music forum:p you not got any then?
The post I quoted & was replying to perhaps? :confused:

you may laugh, but george do perfectly wearable sackcloth robes. why would you pay twice as much for expensive branded ones elsewhere?
The profligacy of you hipsters never ceases to amaze me. I'd never shell out the excessive prices they charge for sackcloth when I can cover my modesty with skins of roadkill for free.

You only need one t-shirt in life.
shirts.gif
I have one of these. I have no problem in any other t-shirt. Just personally I feel like an idiot wearing band tee's. And it really was something I did when I was a kid. I've not had a band tee since I was about 16.

By means that are not entirely clear, my neighbour acquires stuff that has been seized by customs and often drops things he think I'd like into me. The last lot consisted of a bunch of tshirts, maiden, metallica, che, limp bizkit (!) nirvana etc. Awful designs but good quality material.

My favourite, and in fact only, band shirt is about 20 years old and looking a bit 'pre-loved'. It's a Molly Half Head t-shirt. No one even knows who they are anymore. *feels old*

Dennis Brown, Jah Shaka, Marley, Aba Shanti I, Wailing Souls, Skatalites, Iration Steppas, 2 Tone, Congo Natty, Don Drummond, Channel One.

Super Furry Animals, Inspiral Carpets, Stevie Hyper D RIP and a t-shirt and 2 hoodies of DeadSilence
and a hoody and 2 tshirts from Spillers Records tho not sure a shop counts, even if it is the oldest in the world!

You only need one t-shirt in life.
shirts.gif

I have one of these :)
I have a Siouxsie and the banshees T which doesn't get worn anymore coz it's nearly 30 and very thin, a STIFF one that gets worn occasionally, used to have a Stranglers one but it fell to bits years ago but mostly my 'writing' Ts are bike rally ones now,
I thought about buying a Rammstein one in Newcastle but £25+ for something I don't really need(I have loads of Ts) is a bit much.

Currently -
On U-Sound
Joy Division
Gang of Four

also have a very tatty Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds and an even tattier Kraftwerk t-shirt

i hardly have any band t-shirts :( a couple of eotr festi ones, a blitzen trapper that i keep meaning to cut down and my elliott smith pirate one i think that's it. i do have a starwars one though :cool:

i really really want one of those ^

oh, i have a few current 93 shirts, some psychic tv ones, and a death in june that never gets worn out of the house... :D

it's really irritating - has a quality graphic on it.

needless to say i bought it with a job lot of 80s industrial shirts off ebay, without being aware of their political leanings...

Got a Reinforced Records black and V Records tee worn to death, fraying left right and centre
Original black on black soul II soul tshirt which I dont wear anymore as its fragile, unless its a wedding or something. Thats it, but...

parliamentt-shirt-mothershipconnection_1_104946_black_l.jpg

Went to see p-Funkadelic last year - brilliant show, got very hyped and had to get the Morthership Connection shirt. The and had about 20 memebrs, 3 drummers rotating, and loads of cousins of George C coming on to do raps and sing - brilliant. It made me wonder if they were making any money of the tour at all - Id guess not - small venues and with that kind of an entourage to travel, put up and feed, there cant be much money left. Im guessing its for the funk of it.

Anyhow, went to buy a tshirt and there was this californian, kind of old hippy, pony tail, wired, lots of energy, guy selling the shirts. He was doing such a great job at folding them up and so on, it was clear he'd done this before. I asked him if he was part of the crew - he says hes been on the road with them for 25 years as their t-shirt seller. That's a family approach to music... love it.

Blimey, I even owned three out of four of those t-shirts at times, albeit they're all well gone now. Stop stealing my memories.
:mad:

Love Funkadelic too, even if that family connection thing does have its downsides at times. One of the relatives - of Clinton I believe - is an utter pain. Think electric violin, going on for far too long, and on roller skates to boot. Yowsers.

My favourite P-Funk gig memory is standing next to a very excited German bloke at Ocean at Hackney. He looked a bit like Herr Flick it has to be said, and his constant shouting of 've got ve funk' in true Allo Allo style remains an (utterly immature) gig highlight to this day

wu tang tshirt, atari teenage riot one, BOKA, skulldisco, jmt tshirt, coupla pantera ones from years ago, no hoods no hats hoodie, sure there's more but can't think

ONly got a few, generally i wouldn't wear them out, unless popping for a beer, doing the shopping or DIY or housework or hanging out with people that wouldn't judge me too harshly for wearing them or with old friends or on holiday or going to work if i am feeling quite disillusioned with the corporate world or going to a gig. They are mostly black/white. Angry Samoans (got a couple), Regan Youth, Descendants, Millions of Dead Cops, Circle Jerks, Dwarves, Bad Religion, Ramones/Clash (these were presents from my girlfriend so I have to wear them sometimes).

Used to wear nothing but band/music t-shirts, but have now got rid of all them except a Dub Vendor one, and a couple of Silverfish ones for doing DIY in.

A mate bought me this Shabba Ranks t-shirt for my birthday, but there aren't many 42 year old white blokes who can get away with that one::rolleyes:
IMG_6428LQ-320x150.jpg

Coin Operated, Don't, Led Zeppelin, Eyehategod, Crowbar, Monster Magnet, Black Mountain, Orange Goblin, Clutch (about 5 of theirs), Mastodon, Meshuggah and Motley Crue off the top of my head. All but the 1st 3 were bought at gigs.

Back
Top Bottom