Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Calling bands by part of their name

I just hope Matt Johnson, aka Meezy, has moved on from vaccine conspiracy theories, hard to tell from the first single off that album
Oh christ, was he at that? I was a huge fan in the 80s. It's pretty much all been horse shit since Infected. I think I kind of liked one song on Dusk and that was it. Annoying because I pretty much loved everything he did from the first single up to (but not including) the Beaten Generation (ugh), even the shit stuff.

Don't get me fucking started on people who just say "Silver Mt. Zion" instead of Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra-La-La Band with Choir! :mad: Where do people stand on initialisms, is it permissible to just say DRI and MDC instead of Dirty Rotten Imbeciles and Millions of Dead Cops?

I do genuinely make a point of always saying Godspeed You Black Emperor in full rather than Godspeed, though. Not sure why.

What is the oldest known music band? - Quora. The Kohathites were a section of the ancient Israelite tribe of Levi who were assigned to sing and play music in the worship of the Israelite God, Yahweh (I Chronicles 6:33). They were at least in operation by the time of King David in the tenth century BC.

quo

creedence

the stones are always the stones, nobody actually says the rolling stones do they?

I like acronym ones as well ELO. MOP.
I fully couldn't remember what MOP's full name is as well, I don't think anyone ever calls them Mash Out Posse on the relatively rare occasions when they come up in conversation. I keep wanting to read it as Means Of Production. And ELO is Emerson Lake Orchestra, right?

Back
Top Bottom