Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How many Band T-shirts do you own?

Band T-Shirt Audit

• Total voters
I used to have loads, some acquired for free though working at record labels, and some I just bought. I've got rid of a lot and sold some. I can’t bring myself to wear the Ian Brown ones anymore since he went all twatty during Covid. Also I just don't like the cheap material most band T-shirts are made from. Some labels like Amplified have nice material but 90% of the band T-shirts I like are usually badly fitting and made from cheap cotton.

Here’s a few of mine from yesteryear though…

IMG_4603.jpeg

I have squillions dating back to 86 I think.
I am still mad at myself for throwing a load I threw away in the 90s because I got a bit of paint splashed on them.

I think the oldest two I have are Big Audio Dynamite 86 and MBV 88 (which is probably worth something now).

None. They all got a bit wrecked and then never replaced them - don't go to gigs enough any more.

I have two record label tees (BBK and Warp), a couple of festival tees liberated from a former employer, and that's it.

Back in high school, I had Korn's Follow the Leader album cover shirt. I don't remember what happened to it. It was gone by the time I went to college.

I got a hand me down Bob Marley shirt in college, which too disappeared by the time I graduated.

Currently, I've got:

David Bowie -
  • Aladdin Sane album cover shirt (second replacement)
  • Ziggy Stardust album cover shirt
  • Heathen tour shirt (which says Mansfield, MA instead of Boston, MA because Bowie played Mansfield a few months before Boston and it was never changed / added)
  • Reality tour shirt (plus the zippered hoodie)
  • ChangesOneBowie album cover shirt
  • long sleeve smoking Ziggy shirt (image is just Bowie's head with a cigarette. It's from the filmed Ziggy concert. It has flames going down the sleeves. It's the image the video cover uses )
  • Ziggy standing in that striped jumpsuit with the broad shoulders and platform boots over the lightning Bowie logo

Dio (which I bought at the hologram tour concert) -
  • Dio is standing on the front and the back says "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll"
  • Zoomed in Holy Diver album cover shirt. Back says "Between the velvet lies There's a truth that's hard as steel, yeah The vision never dies Life's a never ending wheel")

IMG_6220.jpgIMG_6224.jpg

Roy Orbison Hologram Tour shirt
Elton John Peachtree Road tour shirt (getting a little ratty)
Green Day Dookie cover album shirt
The Nirvana shirt I have says Nirvana and it has the X X smiley face. This is a mass market shirt.
Indigo Girls guitar shirt (got this beginning of the month when I saw them in concert, and it's not labeled as a tour shirt - none of their shirts were)

IMG_6225.jpgIMG_6226.jpg

e2a: the pictures I had to edit down in Microsoft Paint because the zoom was too wide and I got more of the surroundings then I wanted)

Ooh! The Technique ones?
Yeah, the t-shirt rather than the boots, which would get limited wear . Very very pink!
shirt_3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom