Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And by thine t shirts shall ye be known

cozmikbrew

Bass case
Prompted by doing mi laundry:Dwhat music/band t shirts/hoodys are the good folk of urban resplendent in?Ive got Metalheadz/Goldie t, Leftfieled ''leftism'' t, Wu tang Clan long sleeve T,Junglist Movement T,Suburban Base records T,Prince Jammys T and a Jammys records hoody,Trojan records hoody,Studio 1 hoody,Ninja tune records T,Two Tone records T,Specials ''Ghost town'' cover T,Zion I T,Public Enemy hoody and t shirts with RadicalDanceFaction,AOS3 an ChinaShopBull on em,so?what ya got?:D

NIN downward spiral, Ministry sphinctour, 6 hawkwind different tour ones, 3 Grateful dead, Eurotour1990, blues for Allah and American Beauty. Marilyn Manson working crew and a few more obscure ones

Only really got some Pop Will Eat Itself t-shirts, and a KLF re-issue.

It's polo shirts these days really, for me.

I dont like bandsy (or comedy!) t shirts. They're a bit 'oooh, look what im into everyone!' so none. Instead i just look a prat in brightly coloured ones from skate shops.

Got a Reinforced Records black and V Records tee worn to death, fraying left right and centre
Original black on black soul II soul tshirt which I dont wear anymore as its fragile, unless its a wedding or something. Thats it, but...

parliamentt-shirt-mothershipconnection_1_104946_black_l.jpg

Went to see p-Funkadelic last year - brilliant show, got very hyped and had to get the Morthership Connection shirt. The and had about 20 memebrs, 3 drummers rotating, and loads of cousins of George C coming on to do raps and sing - brilliant. It made me wonder if they were making any money of the tour at all - Id guess not - small venues and with that kind of an entourage to travel, put up and feed, there cant be much money left. Im guessing its for the funk of it.

Anyhow, went to buy a tshirt and there was this californian, kind of old hippy, pony tail, wired, lots of energy, guy selling the shirts. He was doing such a great job at folding them up and so on, it was clear he'd done this before. I asked him if he was part of the crew - he says hes been on the road with them for 25 years as their t-shirt seller. That's a family approach to music... love it.

I haven't got any band t-shirts, just plain white or dark blue. Although I have got two that I bought in Biketoberfest, and one from the British Embassy.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Toots and the Maytals, Various "Trojan Records",
Joy Division, Pissed Jeans, Pixies, Crass, Dead Prez, Cocteau Twins, fuck loads more.
None of them are shop bought or "official". All printed at home.

Got a Reinforced Records black and V Records tee worn to death, fraying left right and centre
Original black on black soul II soul tshirt which I dont wear anymore as its fragile, unless its a wedding or something. Thats it, but...

parliamentt-shirt-mothershipconnection_1_104946_black_l.jpg

Went to see p-Funkadelic last year - brilliant show, got very hyped and had to get the Morthership Connection shirt. The and had about 20 memebrs, 3 drummers rotating, and loads of cousins of George C coming on to do raps and sing - brilliant. It made me wonder if they were making any money of the tour at all - Id guess not - small venues and with that kind of an entourage to travel, put up and feed, there cant be much money left. Im guessing its for the funk of it.

Anyhow, went to buy a tshirt and there was this californian, kind of old hippy, pony tail, wired, lots of energy, guy selling the shirts. He was doing such a great job at folding them up and so on, it was clear he'd done this before. I asked him if he was part of the crew - he says hes been on the road with them for 25 years as their t-shirt seller. That's a family approach to music... love it.
Nice one:cool:

Wear them :D

It's a far better than the standard issue plain t-shirts and jeans option which fellas seem to fall into as they get older. That's just boring and conformist and says you either can't be arsed or have no personal style.

I have a RUN DMC hoodie - which I mainly bought 'cos I knew Mr.QofG's would love it. Otherwise don't really do T-shirts/sweatshirts in general though I do have a "Pet Shop Girl" hat.

Mr.QofG's has varied Depeche Mode ones, Trojan and couple of Iron Maiden ones.

Back
Top Bottom