Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Album Recommendations: 2024 Edition

The Brudenell is a great venue but Leeds really needs something larger than it but not so large as to not to be filled by independent artists

Pleasantly surprised to see a new High Llamas album, Hey Panda, 8 years since their last one. Presumably this is the single.

Been listening to this a lot over the last few days , never really listened to them before , so have been listening to other stuff too. It's a lovely album.

New Fucked Up out in August, single out now:

Can't say I wildly love the song from one listen so far, but I suppose you can't write David Comes To Life every time. For Hackney fans, you do at least get a London Borough of Hackney bin or skip in the video.

And if they do tour I hope Warren Ellis has given up his gross habit of spitting in the air and letting the spit fall on his face. He did this loads last time I saw them. Just no. Great music though....

Only just got round to this, and I'm aware it's not necessarily to everyone's tastes on this thread, but I love Kacey Musgraves' new album. Much more than her last one, which seemed to get much more critical acclaim.

No tour dates for UK yet but fingers crossed

Out today. Just had my first - admittedly somewhat distracted by work - listen. It's perhaps not quite as immediate as some previous albums - quite a bit of fairly abstract tinkering but I reckon it will be a grower.

Bit of a "best of 2024 so far across varied genres" post here, lots that look interesting and I'd not heard of, reminds me that I've still not got around to listening to the new Waxahatchee:

And new Xiu Xiu comes out in September, one track up now:

Back
Top Bottom