Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Album Recommendations: 2024 Edition

New Porridge Radio announced today, one song up now:

If anyone's desperate to hear more of the album before it comes out, there were a few gigs last year that previewed the new material, can find a bit of them on this person's youtube channel:

Touring in November and playing Brighton. Will go with the fam - we're all partial to a bit of Pozza as we call 'em....

Two hours of nice droney ambience from Steve Roach and someone called theAdelaindean. It's completely free too:

If you like Slumberland jangle, Chime School will be doing some jangling on a record coming out on Slumberland this month, a few tracks up now:

Also touring in October.

Recording of Suzanne Ciani performing a progressive electronic concert in 1974.

There's this one from 1975 too but that came out 2016

I like this. Slightly shoegazey in parts, a bit Autechre circa Confield:

Yeah you never really know what she'll do next but I wasn't expecting an industrial noise guitar assault - she's mainly done alt-hiphoppy stuff before but I like this new direction which to me sounds like Sunn O))), Fennesz etc

I'm normally sceptical of posthumous albums, as they usually seem like money-spinners for whoever inherited or bought the rights to the deceased's music.

However the final Ryuichi Sakamoto is lovely:

New Laura Cannell may be my favourite album if the year so far - certainly helping me destress after a horrible week. More minimalist its still beautiful

Missing the Beastie Boys? You could do a lot worse than this collection of rave-tinged hip hop from Joey Valance & Brae. Great fun and doesn't outstay its welcome.

Missing the Beastie Boys? You could do a lot worse than this collection of rave-tinged hip hop from Joey Valance & Brae. Great fun and doesn't outstay its welcome.

Interesting. Just from the Spotify clips I was hearing a bit of Licenced to Ill, a bit of Cypress Hill, and a bit of Tribe.

If you like jangle, then this might be up your street:

Sludge metal/hardcore lot 1986 also have their debut EP out, it's not very jangly though:

Back
Top Bottom