Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Album Recommendations: 2024 Edition

New shoegaze (next month) from the brilliant Whitelands…also supporting Slowdive next month.

View attachment 408480

I saw them support Slowdive at Brighton Dome. It was ok, but a bit underwhelming. It's a big venue and their sound didn't fill it - I was sitting on the balcony and it was a bit like - oh, look there's a band over there.....

However, this album is great and I'm currently addicted to it. Such a nice vibe.....

I saw them support Slowdive at Brighton Dome. It was ok, but a bit underwhelming. It's a big venue and their sound didn't fill it - I was sitting on the balcony and it was a bit like - oh, look there's a band over there.....

However, this album is great and I'm currently addicted to it. Such a nice vibe.....

That's interesting. They were excellent in Birmingham, but it was a small, packed venue. I thought they sounded really good.

Glad you are also liking the album :thumbs:

wtf is going on this year - last week there was a new Jesus And Mary Chain album, and today The Black Crowes released a new album. It's like the last 20 years didn't happen.

Just listened to the new Messthetics album - it's fucking great.

Previously a trio - Brendan Canty and Joe Lally - the rhythm section from Fugazi, with Anthony Pirog shredding on guitar but for the new album they've added a sax player and although the previous stuff was a bit jazz they've hit the jazz vibes way harder this time.

Check this banger:

Last edited:
Just listened to the new Messthetics album - it's fucking great.

Previously a trio - Brendan Canty and Joe Lally - the rhythm section from Fugazi, with Anthony Pirog shredding on guitar but for the new album they've added a sax player and although the previous stuff was a bit jazz they've hit the jazz vibes way harder this time.

Check this banger:

this is fucking excellent. Bought.

On repeat today and enjoying immensely, even got a ‘what’s this? it’s good’ from the missus which is rare. Sax, synth, drums completely improvised.

Last edited:
Without meaning to get anyone's hopes up (mainly mine I suspect), the Autechre Wiki page has mention of a 2024 live album at some point. No link, and my searches have revealed nothing, but we're less than a quarter of the way through the year:

1711390915984.png

Speaking of inaccessible. Autechre live was one of the worst gigs I've been to. I think I kind of disconnected from them after Tri Repetae.

New St. Vincent stuff is sounding like a return to her noisy roots after a couple of meh new directions on the last two albums.

Album is out 26th of April.

Of you like Run The Jewels and Beastie Boys, this will be your album of the year.

So amazing that not only do I love it, so does my 13 year old.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom