Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Album Recommendations: 2024 Edition

CHEMTRAILS new record "the joy of sects" is out in 3 days.... catchy queer pop punk, probably a bit more pop than I would usually go for but they are v good live

Always the negative bummer . .I am far less keen on this LP than I was on the excellent Vultures and the Peculiar Smell Of The Inevitable. Maybe it will grow on me.

Always the negative bummer . .I am far less keen on this LP than I was on the excellent Vultures and the Peculiar Smell Of The Inevitable. Maybe it will grow on me.
nah I'm not keen either, all the songs seem to do the same quirky trick which gets a bit irritating. also they say "titus andronicus" in exactly the same way as ian dury does "spasticus autisticus" which is a bit too obvious a rip off... I bet they will still be fun live though.

nah I'm not keen either, all the songs seem to do the same quirky trick which gets a bit irritating. also they say "titus andronicus" in exactly the same way as ian dury does "spasticus autisticus" which is a bit too obvious a rip off... I bet they will still be fun live though.
I'm a bit gutted. The first lp and eps were a bit duff, but I was obsessed with the song vultures and two or three from the peculiar smell lp. Their banger hit rate just went up and up. . .but it seems to have stopped. I wasn't crazy about business class war, but it might be the best song on the LP.
The reviews seem to have been very positive though, so who am I to moan?

Rekab has a new album out. I think it may have come out very late 2023 but hey, I'm putting it here.

It's lovely warm squelchy spacey deep acid electro/techno - his stuff is always top notch and this is no different... so cosy :D

This is great, thanks for posting - this is a new artist to me.

Gruff Rhys & Ty Segal out tomorrow.

One sounds familiarly lush and the other magnificently raw.

J Mascis has a new one out today.

Hmmm - it saddens me to say, as a huge Dinosaur Jr and Mascis fanboy that after a few admittedly distracted listens it seems a bit uninspiring....

It's perfectly pleasant of course - I can listen to J strumming away and crooning about being misunderstood and not being able to say the things he wants to - before letting rip with another one of his fuzzy solos all day - but nothing here has really jumped out and grabbed me.

I still love you though J.

The Closest Thing to Silence - Ariel Kalma, Jeremiah Chiu and Marta Sofia Honer

Really beautiful album. Quite hard to describe - you could say it's ambient, but that doesn't really do it justice.

Afterlands, side project from the singer from the Phantom Band, have an album due out in May. First track out is a lovely bit of slowly disintegrating psych-folk.

Back
Top Bottom