Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Album Recommendations 2018

Great album. Loads of great moments but 'A66' is fucking brilliant. 'GNT' too. Really want to see them live before they start playing big venues. Only a matter of time, I would've thought.

Bass player's crisp reviews on Twitter are worthy, too.

They're fucking great live - in fact one of those bands that only truly works live, and preferably in a sweaty basement.

The singer's taken to quoting on-stage a reviewer's description of him which pretty much sums up the experience: a cross between Henry Rollins and Frank Sidebottom.

They're fucking great live - in fact one of those bands that only truly works live, and preferably in a sweaty basement.

The singer's taken to quoting on-stage a reviewer's description of him which pretty much sums up the experience: a cross between Henry Rollins and Frank Sidebottom.

Best live band I've seen this by far, great bunch of lads.

I've not listened to the new one by the Pigs yet - giving it a listen now :cool::cool::cool:

Saw 'em live a couple of times a few years ago - immense. The two gigs I could of got to this year sold out before I could get tickets....

This was out in May but I only just heard it, it seems to have been rather overlooked in the UK at least. A compliation of electronic music from North Africa and Middle East. There's a few tunes on it which are pretty mint.

New Moderate Rebels and Sexual Objects coming out soon. The first two from the former make me think that the lyrical sneeriness hidden behind a lot of the good music from the first album is going to be to the forefront. Instead of the lovely repetition.
Worst fears realised.

This is a 2017 album but I only just heard it.

Lingua Ignota - All Bitches Die

Classically trained Kristin Hayter performs under the name Lingua Ignota. Some interesting interviews online, survivor of DV, performances leave people in tears and described as being like an exorcism. My must see artist of 2019.

e2a: rutabowa already posted in June :cool:

Last edited:
I've got this Amnesia Scanner LP on atm, reckon some of you will be well into it - fucked up noisy electronica I guess. Fuck knows.

This one totally passed me by back in Feb but has definitely grown on me since.

I know the low-fi production is an aesthetic choice, but that album would be really good if it didn't sound like it was recorded on a cheap cassette that's been left on the floor in a car since 1995.

... though actually all the Off Me Nut releases only ever come out on bandcamp, and self-released is just as official as label-released, so yeh I guess it was a 2017 release.

Another Off Me Nut release, and posssibly the best this year. Though really sad to hear Basshound died last week. RIP :( Everything he did was a banger

Back
Top Bottom