Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A Golden Age of Crisps?

smiths chipsticks have sold here continuously since the early seventies at least. tayto make chipsticks as well though. don't know if there is much difference.

haven't seen burger bites for years though.

anyway, all hail tayto and joe "spud" murphy, inventor of the flavoured crisp!

These are also immense.

beefgrill.jpg

anyone else remember the fish and chip ones that were mixed maize sticks and little fish shaped pieces of dense potato more akin to a cracker?

No way are they all Irish! Well I know Tayto is only in Ireland but now I feel sorry for all the British kids who missed out on Chipsticks. more for me I guess.

they are! I read the backs of all crisps (since childhood, such was my disbelief!) and they are all made in Ireland !!:)

they are less available in big cities though, and C.Poof is normally to be found in cities. So perhaps she has not seen them.

I went around for years banging on about how the Topic had been retired but then found the fucker in a sweetshelf just outside of a liverpool industrial estate.

they are less available in big cities though, and C.Poof is normally to be found in cities. So perhaps she has not seen them.
nope. sainsburies sell them. and tesco. walkers own smiths. they may even be branded as walkers these days, i'm not sure.

snaps are almost impossible to get in london.

Space Raiders while tasty used to have a little comic strip on the back endorsing space piracy. Piracy on the ocean is not a death sentence, as you might well drift untill you bump against an island or something. Space piracy is just appalling because you would have to breach the living quarters and disable the engines. You'd be killing people in the most horrible manner just in order to take their space stuff that they were delivering. To a space colony desperate for anti virals or Israeli built weapons platforms to defeat the local aliens or whatever. Either way you would be a total arsehole to be a space raider, reaver or pirate of the stars. Space Raiders endorse this behaviour and as such should be condemned.

I did once have a really overcooked walkers crisp that looked like cliff richrads as well, which just goes to show imo

urgh, I have stayed up all night and am now talking to the void about fucking crisps because I have nothing better to do. For fucks sake.The sooner I have frog in perm residence the better.

I'm still reeling about champagne flavoured crunchie bars.
They existed, a google says they were launched in 1999 for the millennium (friends reunited shows up in the search results) They had sparkley wrappers but I don't remember how close to champagne they were as I wasn't much of a champagne drinker back then.

Anyone had the Corfresh snacks? I keep seeing them places but have yet to buy any.

carousel1.png
Yep...buy them all the time. The chilli & lemon one that do not say 'hot' in fact they say 'tangy' will be a lot of folks idea of hot. Only had the chilli & lemon and the jalopeno ones though but I imagine they are all worth trying. When I first started buying them and bringing them out to share lots of people were like 'WTF'...some they are too hot for and others can't get enough of them. I'm in the latter group.

Back
Top Bottom