Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Desert Island Crisp

Yes, excellent. Rarely seen however
Iceland/Food Warehouse have multipacks with bacon and cheese and onion. I’d replace the weird cheese ones with Worcester sauce but I haven’t seen those for years.
They’re ridiculously expensive on Amazon.

Iceland/Food Warehouse have multipacks with bacon and cheese and onion. I’d replace the weird cheese ones with Worcester sauce but I haven’t seen those for years.
They’re ridiculously expensive on Amazon.
Thanks

Niche showoff answer:
1623012259120.png
Actual answer... maybe prawn cocktail, I wouldn't really mind if it was just cheese'n'onion though. Tbh it wouldn't be the worst fate in the world to just have shitloads of pickled onion space raiders, although I feel like I'd be shortchanging myself a bit if I could get an unlimited free supply of any crisps and went with space raiders.

Niche showoff answer:
View attachment 272194
Actual answer... maybe prawn cocktail, I wouldn't really mind if it was just cheese'n'onion though. Tbh it wouldn't be the worst fate in the world to just have shitloads of pickled onion space raiders, although I feel like I'd be shortchanging myself a bit if I could get an unlimited free supply of any crisps and went with space raiders.

Oh yeah, they're really nice but I wouldn't want boxes and boxes of them, get a bit sickly after a while. A pub near us used to sell the cardboard tubes of them and it was a lot of crisps.

I'd have thought the last thing I'd want on a desert island where I might be facing lack of fresh water and dehydration would be a pack of fucking crisps tbh. Maybe speed the end along a bit quicker with a nice pack of salt and vinegar or something!

At one point during lockdown 1 last year I got through a tube a day. And two bottles of brandy a week, but it was the pringles that made me feel the most shame when it came time to take the empties out to the wheelie bin :(
The important question is, did you dip the pringles in the brandy? And/or balance them on cocktail skewers?

I'll be in a desert island so much if my diet will be low key and while not lacking flavour won't be big on impact. Likelihood is if it does have a strong taste it'll be a horrible one.

So I've been considering carefully, Scampi Fries are out, much will be tasting of fish anyway though the undercurrent of lemon is tempting. My standard work crisp if Thai Red Chilli is a contender but ultimately lacks punch, as does the secondary backup work crisp of McCoy's Meaty which is in the same boat, though tempting for the filling you up aspect.

Walkers are all to bland even on a daily basis. Skips and Quavers are to light and ephemeral. As are bacon frazzles though nothing like a lingering bacon flavour burp several hours after eating to many.

No for a desert island there's only one choice.

image_d19472ac-b10d-4b64-a3a2-04a0a2243ede.jpg

I'll be in a desert island so much if my diet will be low key and while not lacking flavour won't be big on impact. Likelihood is if it does have a strong taste it'll be a horrible one.

So I've been considering carefully, Scampi Fries are out, much will be tasting of fish anyway though the undercurrent of lemon is tempting. My standard work crisp if Thai Red Chilli is a contender but ultimately lacks punch, as does the secondary backup work crisp of McCoy's Meaty which is in the same boat, though tempting for the filling you up aspect.

Walkers are all to bland even on a daily basis. Skips and Quavers are to light and ephemeral. As are bacon frazzles though nothing like a lingering bacon flavour burp several hours after eating to many.

No for a desert island there's only one choice.

image_d19472ac-b10d-4b64-a3a2-04a0a2243ede.jpg
The thoroughness of your answers impresses and scares me in equal measure...

Back
Top Bottom