Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Desert Island Dinners

I'm going to spend my time making rice flour for noodles and dossa.

You can make things out of broad bean pods too. Just need a long cook :cool:

For those of you not taking cheese, it is perhaps worth considering what being cheddarless did to poor Ben Gun

"Marooned three years agone," he continued, "and lived on goats since then, and berries, and oysters. Wherever a man is, says I, a man can do for himself. But, mate, my heart is sore for Christian diet. You mightn't happen to have a piece of cheese about you, now? No? Well, many's the long night I've dreamed of cheese--toasted, mostly--and woke up again, and here I were."

Of course had he had more ingenuity he might have tried milking his nannies and producing DIY Chevre

I doubt there will be customs
:( Naive.

But while they're very strict in their opinions the are also both based remotely and without means to influence actual supplies.

Mixed herbs are not allowed unless ground as finely as dried spices.

Staples:

Salmon (unless I am allowed to fish as much as I liked, in which case cashew nuts)
Corn on the cob
Bananas
Sweet potato
Spinach

Spices: chilli and cinnamon

Herbs: Basil and coriander

Luxury: Plain yoghurt - full fat.

My lovely wife has gone for

Lamb
Corn on the cob
Eggs (or live chickens!)
Broad beans
Tomatoes

Oregano
Mint

Hot smoked paprika
Coriander seeds

Apples

Flour
Milk (full fat)
Split mungbeans
Tomatoes
Romanesco broccoli

Coriander
Rosemary

Cumin Seeds
Chilli

Can you curdle milk and make cheese with tomato juice? If not then I'll have lemons, if you can then bananas

Staples:

Salmon (unless I am allowed to fish as much as I liked, in which case cashew nuts)
Corn on the cob
Bananas
Sweet potato
Spinach
You can't keep fishing. Well you can, but don't expect to catch anything. Salmon arrives via mysterious sleep-time deposit. Any fish would.

Can you curdle milk and make cheese with tomato juice? If not then I'll have lemons, if you can then bananas
I don't know. Stop putting me off my meager diet :(

Are the animals dead?
What animals?
And are the spices infertile? Otherwise coriander seed does double duty, as does mustard :cool:
What does mustard double up as? What?!

[QUOTE="Mation, post: 14646292, member: 6510"

What does mustard double up as? What?![/QUOTE]

The Kingdom of heaven:

13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,
The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds:
but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree,
so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Mr Coleman, however, has informed me that Jesus knows fuck all about mustard plants, and that they will not attract edible avians in the way intimated in the parable cited above

You can't keep fishing. Well you can, but don't expect to catch anything. Salmon arrives via mysterious sleep-time deposit. Any fish would.

I don't know. Stop putting me off my meager diet :(

What animals?

Mustard cress and mustard greens :cool:

Live chicken = eggs!

The Kingdom of heaven:

13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,
The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds:
but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree,
so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Mr Coleman, however, has informed me that Jesus knows fuck all about mustard plants, and that they will not attract edible avians in the way intimated in the parable cited above
They are brassicas though, so pigeons do like eating them. Don't think they're very tree like though.

Herbs:
Thyme
Oregano

Spices:
Chilli
Coriander seeds

Luxury: chocolate

Staples:

Chinese (Cantonese and Schezwan ) Buffet
Indian Buffet
Simpson's Carvery and pie selection
American Breakfast Buffet
Pizza Buffet - with salad bar

Easy.

Herbs:
Thyme
Oregano

Spices:
Chilli
Coriander seeds

Luxury: chocolate

Staples:

Chinese (Cantonese and Schezwan ) Buffet
Indian Buffet
Simpson's Carvery and pie selection
American Breakfast Buffet
Pizza Buffet - with salad bar

Easy.
No! :mad:

Me and kittyP have been playing DID tonight and we've had some tough choices to make, I can tell you.

<snip>

We didn't consider drinks, but assume fresh water, the occasional coconut that leaks delicious liquid but has inaccessible flesh, and a treasure trove of fermented plums every half decade or so

This is deeply disturbing

“Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.”
W.C. Fields

Drink coffee?
I can't. I am hoist by my own petard.
Are you Biggles in the real world?
Well, this is a first :D

I looked for an image of Biggles, all the better to picture me with, and found this delight :facepalm:

biggles-takes-holiday.jpg

Staples:
Minced Beef
Tomatoes
Eggs
Peas
Potatoes

Herbs:
Tarragon
Rosemary

Spices:
Chilli
Cumin

Luxury: CHEESE

I reckon I could make meatballs, kebabs, keema, and cheesy chips out of that. Which would make me happy!

Back
Top Bottom