Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Desert Island Crisp

Forget this, Kent can keep their crappy crisps now I've tasted these. Proper face-melting salt & vinegar.

five-packs.png
Romney marsh is in Kent; they might have parts of Walland, but that's massive cultural appropriation going on, right there with the Saxon bastards.

Romney marsh is in Kent; they might have parts of Walland, but that's massive cultural appropriation going on, right there with the Saxon bastards.
It's partly in Kent and partly East Sussex apparently :hmm: but yeah I gave that flavour a swerve, bit too foreign for me ta. Plenty of good lamb down here on the Sussex Downs they could've used.

It's partly in Kent and partly East Sussex apparently :hmm: but yeah I gave that flavour a swerve, bit too foreign for me ta. Plenty of good lamb down here on the Sussex Downs they could've used.
They may claim to have some of it, but that does not make it so.

Prompted by the bumping of this thread, I have just emailed KP to ask where I can get a better supply of spicy tomato wheat crunchies. 👍
I’m sick of having to scour Iceland stores for multipacks and ending up stuck with other flavours I don’t want.

Prompted by the bumping of this thread, I have just emailed KP to ask where I can get a better supply of spicy tomato wheat crunchies. 👍
I’m sick of having to scour Iceland stores for multipacks and ending up stuck with other flavours I don’t want.
When you find out, let me know - we were reminiscing about them last night.

Ready salted Lays, the big packs you munch in one go on holiday with lager.

Next up of course is Walkers salt and vinegar.

Honourable mention to Roast Chicken, we pass them by yet they are lush, vegan too, mostly.

Walkers Squares Salt and Vinegar are fantastic but extremely difficult to get hold of here.

I've not had potato crisps of any kind in a while. The most recent crunchy snack has been flame thrower doritos which I love and which I can eat without much bother...

Interested in anything rice based if anyone has any recommendation?

Last edited:
Walkers Squares Salt and Vinegar are fantastic but extremely difficult to get hold of here.

I've not had potato crisps of any kind in a while. The most recent crunchy snack has been flame thrower doritos which I love and which I can eat without much bother...

Interested in anything rice based if anyone has any recommendation?
These from Lidl:

front_en.3.full.jpg

Can't buy them anymore because I can do a pack in five minutes and that's 600 calories.

I'll be in a desert island so much if my diet will be low key and while not lacking flavour won't be big on impact. Likelihood is if it does have a strong taste it'll be a horrible one.

So I've been considering carefully, Scampi Fries are out, much will be tasting of fish anyway though the undercurrent of lemon is tempting. My standard work crisp if Thai Red Chilli is a contender but ultimately lacks punch, as does the secondary backup work crisp of McCoy's Meaty which is in the same boat, though tempting for the filling you up aspect.

Walkers are all to bland even on a daily basis. Skips and Quavers are to light and ephemeral. As are bacon frazzles though nothing like a lingering bacon flavour burp several hours after eating to many.

No for a desert island there's only one choice.

image_d19472ac-b10d-4b64-a3a2-04a0a2243ede.jpg
in a just world this ends the threads. just ends it. no further posts needed. ed close the thread. everyone log out.

They always give these out after blood donation sessions. There are no other circumstances under which I’d eat these crisps. I always ask for a second packet, though, and a Penguin, just because I can.
They used to be nice, but they've done something weird to them in since I last had them. :(

Cheapest packet of crisps, standard small walkers etc, £1.20 in my coop. Wtf that can't be right.
I have photo evidence
Meal deal components are always prohibitively expensive so that a) you are pushed into getting meal deal, even if you only wanted two components thereof and b) meal deal customers think they're getting a better deal.

Meal deal components are always prohibitively expensive so that a) you are pushed into getting meal deal, even if you only wanted two components thereof and b) meal deal customers think they're getting a better deal
Well deduced.
FS I just wanted a packet of crisps :mad:

Back
Top Bottom