Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

4 minute warning?

If it's an all-out attack (airburst city killers and groundburst military installation fuckers) then I'll either be incinerated or die from radiation sickness. If it's just an attack on military installations, I may end up getting incinerated anyway as I'm not confident that the Russians will have the most up-to-date targeting info anyway. There used to be a military research installation where I live which was a cold war era target.

We wouldn't get sirens, we'd get a polite informational warning text

aye but then you would get this guy

roadwarriorhumongous.jpg

Thought better of the long post that I had typed out.

ps FYI - the 4 minute warning was derived from how far the original DEWS could "see" incoming missiles.

There would be a build up before all out thermonuclear war. Even if Putin started with some silly show of strength it would take a day or two to blow up into all out missiles flying. That's when you tape up your windows, lay some supplies down etc. The four (or however many) minute warning is just the final hit. Even with a heavy bombardment most people will be dying of their injuries and of starvation rather than the sort of painless vapourisation of popular imagination. Far better to die in relative comfort (and having an outside chance of surviving) than of exposure with half your skin burnt off so it makes sense to prepare to some extent.

There would be a build up before all out thermonuclear war. Even if Putin started with some silly show of strength it would take a day or two to blow up into all out missiles flying. That's when you tape up your windows, lay some supplies down etc. The four (or however many) minute warning is just the final hit. Even with a heavy bombardment most people will be dying of their injuries and of starvation rather than the sort of painless vapourisation of popular imagination. Far better to die in relative comfort (and having an outside chance of surviving) than of exposure with half your skin burnt off so it makes sense to prepare to some extent.
Yeah, you want to die safe in the knowledge you’ve got plenty of toilet roll and tins of soup in.

Last edited:
It's not that theoretical given that some if the blood thirsty hawks on the NATO side of this horrible bosses' war have already been musing about using nuclear weapons......

• Haha
Reactions: LDC
Back
Top Bottom