Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

4 minute warning?

I've been following the war closely and I haven't seen that happen once, so can you show me an example of it Isambard?

Here's the first example I found that more than hints at the issue. It's from focking Newsweek so hardly "pro Putłer" media.

Here's the first example I found that more than hints at the issue. It's from focking Newsweek so hardly "pro Putłer" media.

That story seems to just be anonymous sources complaining that Biden isn't threatening nuclear war strongly enough.

Newsweek is pretty fringe these days anyway, the opinion pages, at least, host a lot of far-right frothers like Josh Hammer, who was praising Ron DeSantis' Ukraine remarks a few days ago.

The Sunshine State governor, in his statement to Carlson, bemoaned the extent to which America's increasingly weapons-entrenched, rhetorically absolutist, and fiscally incontinent posture in Ukraine distracts from urgent problems at home, such as the horrific drug overdose epidemic inflicted upon our nation's youth by a wide-open southern border and the vicious drug cartels that operate with impunity in northern Mexico. Even worse, from the blobsters' blinkered perspective, DeSantis had the temerity to—egad!—reject the notion that further American entrenchment in a "territorial dispute between Ukraine and Russia" represents a "vital national interest" for the U.S.

Putin every time he stubs his Toe i will Nuke the west ...

some american generals complaining Biden is not doing the same

see all natos fault

:mad:

That story seems to just be anonymous sources complaining that Biden isn't threatening nuclear war strongly enough.

Newsweek is pretty fringe these days anyway, the opinion pages, at least, host a lot of far-right frothers like Josh Hammer, who was praising Ron DeSantis' Ukraine remarks a few days ago.

The Sunshine State governor, in his statement to Carlson, bemoaned the extent to which America's increasingly weapons-entrenched, rhetorically absolutist, and fiscally incontinent posture in Ukraine distracts from urgent problems at home, such as the horrific drug overdose epidemic inflicted upon our nation's youth by a wide-open southern border and the vicious drug cartels that operate with impunity in northern Mexico. Even worse, from the blobsters' blinkered perspective, DeSantis had the temerity to—egad!—reject the notion that further American entrenchment in a "territorial dispute between Ukraine and Russia" represents a "vital national interest" for the U.S.

I was particuarly thinking about tweets I'd seen from various Polish and Ukranian players I'd seen over the last months.

Anyway, maybe China will shortly suggest a deal that offers the US an off-ramp to end the war before we all get nuked.

From what I have heard China is possibly trying to broker some peace deal. Xi is visiting Moscow and then Washington soon I think.

China recently brokered a new treaty in the Middle East I think (S. Arabia & Iran?).
Might be another indicator that the horrible war over Ukraine is not "just" about Ukraine but reflects how the world is maybe shifting.....

hmm what Russia becoming a vassal state of china influence as they cannot no longer successfully rattle their sabre without back up?

some come down from the last 100 years

hmm what Russia becoming a vassal state of china influence as they cannot no longer successfully rattle their sabre without back up?

some come down from the last 100 years

But being a large, resource rich state with access to Chinese technology and markets and significant regional power, might seem better than RU broken up into 20 statelets so that western capitalism can nick the oil more easily......

hmm don't think anyone has asked for the break up of Russia just for it not to get back its Soviet Era iron wall

if you want to go starting a War and fuck it up completely whilst screaming about nuking the world

have to run to china is a sign of weakness and if i was Putin i would stay on the ground floor for a bit

even whilst visiting china

I would be astonished as air raid sirens were removed about 30 years ago and have not been replaced. What happens next? We'd all be immolated if lucky or slowly die unpleasantly if unlucky

The replacement for the Siren Network went live today.

Roll-on the national test next month!

I would be astonished as air raid sirens were removed about 30 years ago and have not been replaced. What happens next? We'd all be immolated if lucky or slowly die unpleasantly if unlucky
We still have one and it was tested last year for some reason. If we get a 4 minute warning just after I've bought our first bit of yummy pollen since covid I will be most miffed!

hmm don't think anyone has asked for the break up of Russia just for it not to get back its Soviet Era iron wall

if you want to go starting a War and fuck it up completely whilst screaming about nuking the world

have to run to china is a sign of weakness and if i was Putin i would stay on the ground floor for a bit

Xi is going to Moscow.

i'd still stay on the ground floor if i was putin

Amazing how many people who have wandered out of hospital windows in Moscow lately

when was the last time you were in a hospital that you could open windows in :hmm:

aye but its a common tactic of removing weak looking military leaders in Russia atm

i'd be staying in my bunker away from windows if i was putin

There would be a build up before all out thermonuclear war. Even if Putin started with some silly show of strength it would take a day or two to blow up into all out missiles flying. That's when you tape up your windows, lay some supplies down etc. The four (or however many) minute warning is just the final hit. Even with a heavy bombardment most people will be dying of their injuries and of starvation rather than the sort of painless vapourisation of popular imagination. Far better to die in relative comfort (and having an outside chance of surviving) than of exposure with half your skin burnt off so it makes sense to prepare to some extent.
*saves post *
Bog roll is going to be pretty handy given the symptoms of radiation sickness.
It will be like pre-lockdown all over again! 😭

Have you not seen that Western pundits habe multiple times posted maps of how they envisage breaking up Russia into about 20 statelets?

Fair enough, it just amused me having not seen you post in the last year on any Ukraine thread you pop up and comment on NATO hawks being threatening the use of nuclear weapons, and then Western pundits publishing maps of Russia fragmenting, when literally the only State I've seen threaten nukes is Russia and the only maps like that I've seen have been Chinese!

Fair enough, it just amused me having not seen you post in the last year on any Ukraine thread you pop up and comment on NATO hawks being threatening the use of nuclear weapons, and then Western pundits publishing maps of Russia fragmenting, when literally the only State I've seen threaten nukes is Russia and the only maps like that I've seen have been Chinese!
Biden essentially threatened nukes in October 22. He didn't threaten first strike but by saying that Russia's use if tactical nuclear weapons would lead to nuclear armageddon in a tough speech he was basically reminding everyone that the US has a fuckload of nukes and in those circumstances would use them.

I think commenting on how things could escalate is a slightly different take, whereas Russia media and State has been a constant stream of nuclear threats. If anything my perception of it is the US and NATO have constantly downplayed the potential use of nuclear weapons and tried to make clear they wouldn't be used, the response a Russian use on Ukraine was stated to be clearly non-nuclear.

Back
Top Bottom