Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily hat and mitten news

andysays

Love and solidarity
With the recent onset of winter, I think the time is right for a thread dedicated to cold weather clothes and accessories, including but not limited to hats and mittens.

Feel free to include photos if you want.

Today I've been wearing a dark navy wool pea coat, a black fleece lined Lowe Alpine hat, a pair of black fleece Berghaus gloves and a navy woolen scarf.

(with thanks/apologies to Mation for title inspiration)

Ah! I got a black fake fur coat off ebay which arrived today so I've just worn that for the first time, with my hand knitted green fingerless gloves.

I don't have a hat I like currently so I've been hatless. I might have to knit one but I've got too many other projects on. This is also why I am not making myself a winter coat despite having the fabric and pattern.

Favourite hat for this time of year is a fake fur lined one, with ear flaps and a fold over "peak" which also cover the nape of my neck.
Teamed up with a thermal scarf and ditto gloves.

Coat varies but in the poorer weather I've a longish one that covers me bottom [not too well equipped with pocket-like feature].

Also boots and thick or multiple socks. If it's very, very cold i've proper thermals for under the jeans.

Haven't had to go out today, bar to take stuff to the bins. Had to wear a coat, though. Almost the only one I wear these days. It's a fleece-lined cycling jacket with hood, not deployed today.

If I do put it up, it's under my helmet, as otherwise the wind just blows it back. Looks ridiculous up, but warm, so fuck it.

Wore fingerless cycling gloves to protect my palms whilst carrying evil stringed stuff to bins. Never usually outside summer, and maybe autumn, or my fingers would snap off, I feel. Was only for a few mins though.

I have no mittens.

I've taken to wearing a peaked beanie hat now it's turning a bit chilly. That and the recent No 1 clippers cut. The current 3/4's length shorts maybe exchanged for jeans if the wind picks up along with donning my parka, a fleece and short sleeve shirt is just about cutting it at the moment but looking at the coming weather I fear more layers maybe necessary

Today I am wearing a hand knitted (thank you Mrs Arta) hat and a fetching black neck snood

I have lost two pairs of gloves in like a month because I keep putting them in the deep side pocket of my coat and one of the pair likes to leap out so I’ll be buying more tonight. Sadly the pairs don’t match or i could just wear odd gloves on each hand

Today I am wearing a hand knitted (thank you Mrs Arta) hat and a fetching black neck snood

I have lost two pairs of gloves in like a month because I keep putting them in the deep side pocket of my coat and one of the pair likes to leap out so I’ll be buying more tonight. Sadly the pairs don’t match or i could just wear odd gloves on each hand
What you need is mittens on a string.

Thinsulate woolly hat and a pair of bikers gloves my in-laws bought me this Xmas. They always get me super-warm gloves and they're much appreciated.

In addition to that I've got thermals, two base layers and a woolly jumper on. Ive got a bit of a cold tbf but feel like I'm dressed for the North face of The Eiger rather than working from home.

I recently bought a cheap pair of gloves that work with touchscreens, which is handy given how you need your phone for so much out and about in this freezing weather.

Back
Top Bottom