Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

This heat requires an early morning park walk.
There was Queen of Lee Sadie to greet me, then jumping to her usual place on the fence. On my next circuit she was scoffing some treats that somebody brought for her.
Naughty but nice.
It helps she is a very nice looking cat with huge character.

33A8DC82-5C4F-4968-9A39-67C1182F86A2.jpeg

E03A5C69-5F6C-480C-ABA6-6C286EF98756.jpeg

54282761-AB19-406E-AA18-533312144183.jpeg

Sitting out, enjoying a glass of wine in the cool of the evening ater another hot day.

I suddenly felt that I was not alone!

He sat there for about half an hour, watching me, then he played with the ears on a bit of long grass and then I went and got a few leaves off the catnip plant in the greenhouse - gave half to madam, who was on her cushion indoors and half to him.

He went absolutely mad for it - rolling around, snorting, head-bumping the dense bush etc but whenever I get too close, he is straight back to hissing/snarling and a generally "don't get any closer" demeanour!

He is beautiful! I do hope he warms to you.

Despite it being really hot in here, idiot cat has decided he wants to sleep on top of my PC case. He is still alive, but I will wake him a few because he is in danger of sliding off head first down the back of it :facepalm:

The other day he was grooming himself on the top of the crate next to it, which even though I don't need it to give food separately (only one left bless him) I have left in place because it is one of his favourite spots to sunbathe, just the right height for maximum window sunbeam - well he was grooming and shifted position to do his undercarriage and went straight off the side of it, managed to grab the curtain with a couple of claws and was left dangling by one paw until I went to rescue him (and this is why he is known as idiot cat, he's really not the sharpest knife).

20220714_201559.jpg

Update to above ^ he has now relocated to my lap, and his underside is boiling - I have bare legs and he's making them sweat. :eek:

(And yes that is cardboard taped to the top of the case to prevent burns from the hot metal case, always been impossible to keep them off the thing so it has to be safe, thankfully the air flow is from the sides and front/back).

Last edited:
He's really sweet. I'm so glad your neighbours have been looking after him.
Yeah.
It is a funny thing really, he allowed himself to be 'looked after' for nearly two years before he allowed strokes.
He is very very wary, I have been a source for him but he remains skittish even though he knows who i am and where I live.
He has this kind of gravelly miaow chat, like a feline Tom Waites or Willie Nelson.
It is nice though, to see him out and about, Harry has adopted our front gardens.

This afternoon I heard this yapping outside, not that loud but constant yap yap yap. It was the persistence that caught my attention. I thought what an earth is going on, and looked outside and saw no dogs, but quickly figured out it was my neighbour's little dog down the way, because out the front of the house at the end of their path was the big grey cat of the neighbourhood, just lying there.

Of course he got up when I took a pic, but just before this he was enjoying some relaxing time on the path, looking bemused towards the house, I assume at a dog inside yelling at him

Here he comes

20220715_102837.jpg

I'm a bit worried about my cats in the heat next week, especially Donut. So far they have just fucked off outside after breakfast and we haven't seen them all day; I presume they're just loafing under a bush somewhere. But not sure I want them free to roam outside all day if the heat does hit 37-40. Should I keep them in?

I'm a bit worried about my cats in the heat next week, especially Donut. So far they have just fucked off outside after breakfast and we haven't seen them all day; I presume they're just loafing under a bush somewhere. But not sure I want them free to roam outside all day if the heat does hit 37-40. Should I keep them in?
I always assume they know what they're doing. I'm a bit worried about Stan's ear scar when he basks in the sun, but as soon as he gets too hot, he moves to shade. And he's really stupid so yours should definitely be ok :D

found some photos i took 20+ years ago of the mogs -

bubble-1.jpg

the lump he's sitting on had one of their previous hoomans under the duvet. felt it fair to edit hooman out of picture

pepper-2.jpg

after moving in with me, they decided that the top of the kitchen units, where i put the padded freezer bag, made an acceptable nap spot

bafftime.jpg

bath time

Mr. Kippers keeping me company in the garden. He had to go for his annual check up at the vets last week where he behaved appalling fighting the vet and me!!

He has to have some thyroid tests next week and the vet has given us a small tablet of gabapentin to "chill him out" beforehand :facepalm: :oops::oops::D

20220716_175120.jpg

Back
Top Bottom