Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

I just gave her a drink of water, which she lapped up this time. I'm glad about that as she needs to stay hydrated after vomiting. She's currently running around the house full of beans so I'm hoping she's feeling OK albeit with a bit of stomach irritation. I'll feel better when the vet's seen her though.

Hopefully just ate something non-toxic but just disagreed with her, my late Sonic used to get the terrible shits if he ate deer or duck in cat food - like on a Vesuvian level of arse-based horror. :eek:

(I always thought he had a touch of IBS or food intolerances because certain things would set him off - had to be quite careful what I fed him).

Last edited:
Hopefully just ate something non-toxic but just disagreed with her, my Sonic used to get the terrible shits if he ate deer or duck in cat food - like on a Vesuvian level of arse-based horror. :eek:
Professor fluff aka Frank. Sheba in gravy = gravy arse! I've held Frank over a bucket many a time whilst his owner washes his big fluffy tail and ring. Oh, and chicken breast, same outcome. Good job he's a dopey numb fucker who actually doesn't mind the bucket bidet.

Professor fluff aka Frank. Sheba in gravy = gravy arse! I've held Frank over a bucket many a time whilst his owner washes his big fluffy tail and ring. Oh, and chicken breast, same outcome. Good job he's a dopey numb fucker who actually doesn't mind the bucket bidet.

Yeah and sometimes when they have an upset stomach they also do that thing where they exit the litter tray at top speed in horror at their own rear end and leave a trail of nasty for us to clean up!

Thankfully the love and wonderful moments they provide more than make up for the times you find yourself on a step ladder cleaning god knows what off the top shelf of the bookcase.

Well, Lilith has left most of her dinner (wet food) from last night, but she drank some water and sought me out as usual for her morning cuddle. Her breathing sounds normal and I think it's a good sign that at least I didn't see any blood in her shit or puke. She's still active as always, and just as bright and alert to sounds. The vet doesn't open until 08:30 but I'll ring the minute they do.

Just rang the vet and explained the situation, they've given us a 10:00 appointment. Lilith hasn't eaten since throwing up last night, but I'm going to see if she'll eat some dry food as her stomach will be completely empty now.

Thank you Epona and everyone else who's responded. I feel incredibly lucky to be part of this community of cat lovers. She's currently enjoying her dry breakfast which will hopefully settle her stomach. I'll discuss her diet with the vet and see if we can identify/rule out any intolerances etc. It is anxiety provoking for sure.

As we're all cat folks and as such, far more comfortable talking out in the open about our pets . . . "emissions"

LeytonCatLady given that Lilith hasn't eaten a lot recently, is it "sick" or is it regurgitation of food, often caused, I suspect, in the case of biscuits by wolfing down a load of dry biscuits, having a drink of water, the biscuits then expand and . . . up they come

IF that's the case, then try a little and often, with Clive, who was our chief culprit for doing this, I was giving him a TEAspoon of biscuits at a time. So one helping then 30 minutes later another portion and so on, having a ridiculous amount of spare time was helpful doing this

OR

I got both the boys a teaser feeder each, slowed down the eating and let me not have to sit watching them for an hour or so

edit: annoying punctuation error

Last edited:
They've had to move the appointment to half 11 due to cat carrier battles again. Hopefully judging by the fight Lilith put up, she's not very sick! She's chilling on her beanbag now, so I'll let her relax and try again when she's dropped her guard. (God, I feel like such a bitch even typing that!)

They've had to move the appointment to half 11 due to cat carrier battles again. Hopefully judging by the fight Lilith put up, she's not very sick! She's chilling on her beanbag now, so I'll let her relax and try again when she's dropped her guard. (God, I feel like such a bitch even typing that!)
:D Oh! she knows "bitch", she knows

I'm always unsure if it's a boon or a curse that Bernard won't use the tray unless he's bursting. It does mean a lot less worrying, but at the same time it does mean any serious illness probably won't be clocked early on. I'm always amazed at his ability to hold it in - the cat flap is locked between 5pm and 7am and he still never uses the tray!

Jakey has been wailing A LOT recently, and sometimes running around the flat yelling his head off.

He's also been seeming anxious/fearful sometimes - he's always been the most nervous of our cats. Sometimes I walk into the room and he wakes up and starts wailing as if he is afraid. :(

He just woke up and is currently sitting on the desk chair wailing for no apparent reason.

I hope he isn't going into some sort of major cognitive decline. It could still be unease and upset at the loss of Sonic (they were pretty much glued together their entire lives) but I am starting to be a little concerned that it seems to be getting worse rather than better. Jakey was never the sharpest knife in the drawer in the first place bless him, I hope adjusting to life without his best mate isn't proving too much.

(I'm still utterly bereft and heartbroken).

Might it just be the joys of spring affecting him?

Madam has been a lot more vocal than normal and more active too, asking out more than usual, even quite late at night, although she doesn't stay out for very long and running/jumping about, playing/waking me up in the morning etc, which is a nice change from her winter mode. Her appetite is good too and she's drinking plenty - best its been since she took ill last year.

Her Effieness at rest.

88hEtfg.jpg

As we're all cat folks and as such, far more comfortable talking out in the open about our pets . . . "emissions"

LeytonCatLady given that Lilith hasn't eaten a lot recently, is it "sick" or is it regurgitation of food, often caused, I suspect, in the case of biscuits by wolfing down a load of dry biscuits, having a drink of water, the biscuits then expand and . . . up they come

IF that's the case, then try a little and often, with Clive, who was our chief culprit for doing this, I was giving him a TEAspoon of biscuits at a time. So one helping then 30 minutes later another portion and so on, having a ridiculous amount of spare time was helpful doing this

OR

I got both the boys a teaser feeder each, slowed down the eating and let me not have to sit watching them for an hour or so

edit: annoying punctuation error

Effie has thrown up her food a few times recently, then Mrs Sas read about 'As good as it looks' causing problems. We switched her to Whiskas and she has been fine since.

i came around to this with my Speedy: unscrew the top of the carrier from the bottom, drop in cat, slap top down with grill door in place, and then re-screw.

i knew he was getting old when he just walked in and no resistance :(.

Well, they had a no show and agreed to see me early. Lilith's fine, they checked her gums, heart and weight. They gave her an anti- nausea injection as well as diarrhoea meds for the next few days and then half an anti-worm tablet every six months. The vet assured me that cats sometimes have days where they just feel a bit off, same as humans do, and she's a purrfectly healthy cat. We're home now and she's just excited to be out of the carrier!

Well, they had a no show and agreed to see me early. Lilith's fine, they checked her gums, heart and weight. They gave her an anti- nausea injection as well as diarrhoea meds for the next few days and then half an anti-worm tablet every six months. The vet assured me that cats sometimes have days where they just feel a bit off, same as humans do, and she's a purrfectly healthy cat. We're home now and she's just excited to be out of the carrier!

Oh..phew!!

That's the best news...

😃

Back
Top Bottom