Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

She’s definitely a sturdy lass, but tall and long rather than very broad. She’s about 7.8kg with short plush fur, like deep velvet. She dwarfs the dog, a 4.5kg Yorkie x JRT!

ETS she weighs 5.8kg… my 9 month old grandson is 7.8kg!

Ta for the update, I had been thinking "that's fucking huge!" :D
Even our big ginger lump is only 5kg mind, almost 6kg is still a big cat I reckon
Our other two are under 4kg!

Tiny Poo stuck her face in a cactus the other day :facepalm: then she tried to attack it because it bit her :facepalm: :facepalm: I had to pick prickles out of her nose.

Worra dickhead

She's currently using my foot as a pillow

I wonder how many other idiot-cats we have on Urban?

I'd like to nominate my Jakey - we have a couple of table lamps in the sitting room that are quite new so he's not used to them. Of course he didn't show any interest in investigating them when they were switched off - the first time I turned one on, Jakey looked up, wandered over to it, stuck his head in the top of the lampshade and tried to lick the bulb.

I had to extract him from the lampshade and then follow him round for a few minutes to stop him blundering into things while he must have had "green spots" in his vision from the light.

Thankfully it hadn't been on long enough for him to be at risk of burning his tongue and was fine after a few minutes.

He then tried to do it again later. :facepalm:

I have a very strange relationship with one of my neighbouring cats. Sometimes she's really aloof, and scampers away from me. Last night she appeared from the bushes to greet me, in the dark, and went into full pouting mode. A favourite trick for her is putting her front half right down and sticking her arse in the air, as a rigorously rub the base of her back. Although I couldn't see I think she was clawing the tarmacked footpath at the same time.

I wonder how many other idiot-cats we have on Urban?

I'd like to nominate my Jakey - we have a couple of table lamps in the sitting room that are quite new so he's not used to them. Of course he didn't show any interest in investigating them when they were switched off - the first time I turned one on, Jakey looked up, wandered over to it, stuck his head in the top of the lampshade and tried to lick the bulb.

I had to extract him from the lampshade and then follow him round for a few minutes to stop him blundering into things while he must have had "green spots" in his vision from the light.

Thankfully it hadn't been on long enough for him to be at risk of burning his tongue and was fine after a few minutes.

He then tried to do it again later. :facepalm:
He's not an idiot in that he doesn't do dumb things over and over, but we do call Bernard "Kelp-for-brains" sometimes. Figuring things out isn't his core strength, let's just say. And he has the ability to look so incredibly vacant sometimes.

He's not an idiot in that he doesn't do dumb things over and over, but we do call Bernard "Kelp-for-brains" sometimes. Figuring things out isn't his core strength, let's just say. And he has the ability to look so incredibly vacant sometimes.

Jakey has a nickname "Noodle Brain" - so yeah I understand that completely :D

Getting no love from Jakey tonight, he's been on his bed for hours - I hope he's not feeling unwell, this is most unusual. Usually I can't get him off me long enough to stand up.

EDIT: He has perked up a bit now, he is sitting on my lap wailing in my face and has eaten some dry food, earlier he was asleep with his paws pressed over his face so I wonder if he had a headache bless him.

I know cats do get headaches from when Radar was diagnosed with a brain tumour (poor love), but I assume they get non-serious ones similar to what we get too. Jakey seems fine now anyway. I worry too much.

Last edited:
Getting no love from Jakey tonight, he's been on his bed for hours - I hope he's not feeling unwell, this is most unusual. Usually I can't get him off me long enough to stand up.

EDIT: He has perked up a bit now, he is sitting on my lap wailing in my face and has eaten some dry food, earlier he was asleep with his paws pressed over his face so I wonder if he had a headache bless him.

I know cats do get headaches from when Radar was diagnosed with a brain tumour (poor love), but I assume they get non-serious ones similar to what we get too. Jakey seems fine now anyway. I worry too much.
Glad Jakey is ok and you'too.
Worry is awful.

It’s possible he’s just having an off day but, as you’re still raw over Sonic, you’re taking it more seriously than you otherwise would. Vic does this from time to time (likely due to his habit of “eating out” and having a bad mouse) and seeks solitude but he normally perks up after a few hours. Hope Jakey is OK 🙂

It's understandable, no such thing as too much! It's important to be vigilant as cats can't explain in words what's wrong. I hope he feels better and that you do too. :)

Back
Top Bottom