Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

He's a sturdy looking lad, I hope he's not blocking too much of the heat from reaching the rest of the room :D

It's an absolutely gorgeous photo, very evocative and atmospheric and what a lovely cat :)
Yes, sturdy, that's a good word, descriptive

We have, Ummm!! . . . three "sturdy" cats, current weights are as follows:-

FiFi - 4.8kg (down from 5.2kg at her last weighing - nothing to worry about, probably just a good poo - about a "tails length" if you're interested)
Casper - 5.2kg
Clive - Hmmm! not got a current number for him yet, he's probably the "sturdiest" of the three, but he used to be 5.2kg and I suspect it maybe a fraction more . . . maybe

Yes, sturdy, that's a good word, descriptive

We have, Ummm!! . . . three "sturdy" cats, current weights are as follows:-

FiFi - 4.8kg (down from 5.2kg at her last weighing - nothing to worry about, probably just a good poo - about a "tails length" if you're interested)
Casper - 5.2kg
Clive - Hmmm! not got a current number for him yet, he's probably the "sturdiest" of the three, but he used to be 5.2kg and I suspect it maybe a fraction more . . . maybe

They're all so different, OSH tend to be very muscular and 5kg is a normal weight for my Jakey and he still looks slender at that weight.

He's down to 4.85 at his last weighing which is of concern, we're taking him back to the vet in early April to see if he is still losing - I hope not, I know it tends to be what happens when elderly cats start to have stuff fail, but I can't face going through it again so soon after Sonic :(

What!! Jakey's 4.85kg :eek::eek: in his most recent piccy's he's as skinny as a rake - he must be the Bruce Lee of cats

Where as my two boys are the Christopher Biggins's of cats

What!! Jakey's 4.85kg :eek::eek: in his most recent piccy's he's as skinny as a rake - he must be the Bruce Lee of cats

Where as my two boys are the Christopher Biggins's of cats

Aye, he's quite a big boy and very strong - hence why it is so difficult to get him into the carrier when he objects - just lifting off my lap when he doesn't want to move and takes the path of least resistance by going all floppy it is a struggle to lift him. Sonic was smaller framed but at peak health was just as heavy - deceptively so, we used to joke about how unexpected it was to go to pick him up and it was like picking up a breezeblock. When Sonic got down to 4kg when he was unwell towards the end he was desperately thin. OSH tend to be quite solid cats.
Jakey should ideally be 5kg.

Not actively heated, but it has some kind of space age reflective membrane inside. When you put your hand on it it feels warm. A cold day is the only time they tolerate each other enough to sleep that close together.

👍 they look very comfortable there

He's a sturdy looking lad, I hope he's not blocking too much of the heat from reaching the rest of the room :D

It's an absolutely gorgeous photo, very evocative and atmospheric and what a lovely cat :)
She’s definitely a sturdy lass, but tall and long rather than very broad. She’s about 7.8kg with short plush fur, like deep velvet. She dwarfs the dog, a 4.5kg Yorkie x JRT!

ETS she weighs 5.8kg… my 9 month old grandson is 7.8kg!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom