Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Bit of a sisterly love here

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

Took both Kizzy and Misty to the vets for first check up since we had them
Vet reckons frontline "no longer works" as been on market for a long time and sold us some other stuff, and a different de wormer
Misty apparently has a bit of gingivitis and tartar on teeth but otherwise they're both ok, vet said Misty was a bit overweight
Kizzy was meowling a bit but they were both very well behaved

Attachments

• kizzyvet1322.jpg
    kizzyvet1322.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 9
  • mistyvet1322.jpg
    mistyvet1322.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 9
I'm in two minds about front line / advantage / stronghold

I've dapped Casper with an "old" vial of Frontline - initially worked, you could tell his back / tail area was much improved - now about 2-3 weeks in, still better than before dapping . . . but, not 100% clear - Frontline is available on-line and without prescription

Which leads us to Advantage - again, available on-line, without prescription. Dapped both Clive AND FiFi a day or so after Casper - they're still fine not even a hint of bites on back / tail area - well worth getting as the price on-line is affordable and it works

This still leave us Stronghold - this is, at our vets, marketed at the "gold standard" for flea treatment. Of course it is, it's prescription only, so I can buy a prescription for £15 which will enable me to get 6 months supply on line. There will still be a sizeable saving and I've got a couple of vials for WHEN Casper and / or Clive come in with an inaccessible tick, the one time I've used Stronghold it made removing the tick straightforward

So, you pays yer money and you takes yer choice - mine would be for usual dapping I'd get the cats Advantage - just make sure you get the right strength as there are 2 - one for <4kg cats / rabbits and one for >4kg cats / rabbits - and yes, that is correct same one for cats and rabbits

Last edited:
I'm in two minds about front line / advantage / stronghold

I've dapped Casper with an "old" vial of Frontline - initially worked, you could tell his back / tail area was much improved - now about 2-3 weeks in, still better than before dapping . . . but, not 100% clear - Frontline is available on-line and without prescription

Which leads us to Advantage - again, available on-line, without prescription. Dapped both Clive AND FiFi a day or so after Casper - they're still fine not even a hint of bites on back / tail area - well worth getting as the price on-line is affordable and it works

This still leave us Stronghold - this is, at our vets, marketed at the "gold standard" for flea treatment. Of course it is, it's prescription only, so I can buy a prescription for £15 which will enable me to get 6 months supply on line. There will still be a sizeable saving and I've got a couple of vials for WHEN Casper and / or Clive come in with an inaccessible tick, the one time I've used Stronghold it made removing the tick straightforward

So, you pays yer money and you takes yer choice - mine would be for usual dapping I'd get the cats Advantage - just make sure you get the right strength as there are 2 - one for <4kg cats / rabbits and one for >4kg cats / rabbits - and yes, that is correct same one for cats and rabbits

Stronghold is brilliant. A few years ago, Vic was miserable with fleas and none of the OTC stuff worked at all but Stronghold turned him from a miserable recluse into a happy sociable fella almost overnight. Shame it costs an arm and a leg.

Stronghold is brilliant. A few years ago, Vic was miserable with fleas and none of the OTC stuff worked at all but Stronghold turned him from a miserable recluse into a happy sociable fella almost overnight. Shame it costs an arm and a leg.
See how much a prescription costs from your vet then shop on line for it - a prescription should be valid for 6 months, so you can get a six months supply

Just checked you can get a pack of 6 for £22'odd + the cost of your prescription

Back
Top Bottom