Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Here's the "thing" - the two boys (Casper and Clive) LOVE food - so much so that they bolt anything down and then, within minutes, bring it back up again . . . which is nice

To try and counteract this I've taken to feeding them in small and smaller amounts, leaving, say 30 minutes, and then feeding them a little bit more. This works, but means that if we ever get to go away for a break it'll mean that the person on cat feeding duties will need to invest coming up to 2 hrs for each feeding session, something that is, quite honestly, not going to be "on"

The battle of wills is in it's early stage, Clive, at any rate, seems to be holding out for "easy eating" to be resumed

Those biscuits have been down since 8:00am - I refuse to believe that both of them are "full" - this is feline rebellion

Attachments

• IMG_2217.JPG
    IMG_2217.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2218.JPG
    IMG_2218.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 16
Getting Lilith microchipped tomorrow! Now I won't feel so anxious when she's playing in the garden.
You reslly love Lilith
Struggling to get Lilith into her carrier! The vet put the appointment back an hour to give me more time. I feel like a right cow making her do something she doesn't want to do.

She will be fine...
Hope she cooperates 🙂

Mrs21 feeds a few ferals, our new neighbours (they bought the flat last Christmas) have just upgraded their half of the garden & want to keep the feral out , although apparently Puisin (our cat) is welcome in their fancy pants garden. I think they see going to need a bigger fence 20211221_140034.jpg

Last edited:
You reslly love Lilith

She will be fine...
Hope she cooperates 🙂
I do really love her! Can't describe it adequately. We're sitting in the waiting room now. I had to wait until she was chilling on her beanbag and pick her up. She was not impressed but I've told her the sooner we get it done, the sooner she can go home and have her dinner. I also assured her I'd never take her anywhere she's not safe. She's relaxed now and I've made sure to set her carrier where she can see me. And the vet's a lovely kind woman who loves all her patients. Hopefully Lilith trusts Mummy.

LeytonCatLady one "trick" I use for getting Clive or Casper into the carrier is to leave the carrier out by where I feed which ever cat is going to the vet - making sure that the lid is open and that it's facing the right way - then keep them a bit "near" for, say, breakfast, then just when the cat is due to be "posted" - put down a couple of bowls of food, one each, let the cat in question start eating then, one, two, three in they go. They're i before they know what's going on . . . obviously helps is the cat in question if greedy, mind

LeytonCatLady one "trick" I use for getting Clive or Casper into the carrier is to leave the carrier out by where I feed which ever cat is going to the vet - making sure that the lid is open and that it's facing the right way - then keep them a bit "near" for, say, breakfast, then just when the cat is due to be "posted" - put down a couple of bowls of food, one each, let the cat in question start eating then, one, two, three in they go. They're i before they know what's going on . . . obviously helps is the cat in question if greedy, mind
It went fine in the end, she didn't feel it. I got a different vet today - a young man who has a black kitten of his own! He admired how beautiful she was, and said nice things about the sleekness of her coat and how I must be giving her a good diet. I've now registered her on Pet Trac.

The next step is to upgrade to a decent cat flap, as the one we've got is taped up due to other cats and foxes and all manner of wildlife wandering into the kitchen. It's ancient from when the landlord lived here with his cat 20 years ago. But we need to get one we can programme Lilith's microchip details into, so only she can enter.

Mrs21 feeds a few ferals, our new neighbours (they bought the flat last Christmas) have just upgraded their half of the garden & want to keep the feral out , although apparently Puisin (our cat) is welcome in their fancy pants garden. I think they see going to need a bigger fence View attachment 302149

If they wanted to keep cats out of the garden it would have helped if they hadn't turned it into a giant litter tray... just saying...

Wicket had her first trip into the garden today. It was on impulse as I was emptying the compost caddy so I didn't get photos. She sniffed absolutely everything, took bloody ages. I kept calling her but the only acknowledgement was some very pointed irritated tail swishing :D Anyway she eventually got spooked by a neighbour, ran the wrong way and then sheepishly came in when I went and called her to the back door. I think some work is needed but she obviously loved it because she came in and had a very mad hour of chasing shadows.
Great name!

When I had cats, I left the carrier out, because in the long months between vet visits the feline memory tends to fade. And there is a marvellous yet simple trick to get them into a carrier that works (with 99% of cats, not responsible for the outlier):

1) Put carrier on table or other high surface so that opening of carrier is flush with edge of surface.

2) Pick up cat and hold up at level of carrier.

3) Cat walks into carrier. Close and lock door FAST, before cat realises what it has done.

No, I didn't believe it either, but I thought I had nothing to lose, so I tried it. And it worked, and changed my life.

As predicted, Akiro was back again this afternoon for rest and nap. being an outdoor cat, I guess he just wants to come in for some warmth and rest

PXL-20211221-145629459-01.jpg

PXL-20211221-150404193-01.jpg

That B&W cat who has taken on running our household ?
Cheeky blighter managed to stay in last night ... he's normally begging for a "bedtime walk" having spent at least several months before this time last year "on the streets" [around here, that means fields and the fell] so is used to being out at night. Although he has brought back the odd battle scar ...

Mrs21 feeds a few ferals, our new neighbours (they bought the flat last Christmas) have just upgraded their half of the garden & want to keep the feral out , although apparently Puisin (our cat) is welcome in their fancy pants garden. I think they see going to need a bigger fence View attachment 302149

i don't see any access point to the bit at the back.

i don't see any access point to the bit at the back.

I can clearly see a path down the left hand side leading to a gate with a bolt on it.

This is a common setup in old London houses converted into flats - garden divided in 2, downstairs flat gets the closer portion, upstairs flat gets the farther one, with access through the nearer garden.

I do really love her! Can't describe it adequately. We're sitting in the waiting room now. I had to wait until she was chilling on her beanbag and pick her up. She was not impressed but I've told her the sooner we get it done, the sooner she can go home and have her dinner. I also assured her I'd never take her anywhere she's not safe. She's relaxed now and I've made sure to set her carrier where she can see me. And the vet's a lovely kind woman who loves all her patients. Hopefully Lilith trusts Mummy.
Don't know if you do this already but we leave the carrier out sometimes just so they get used to it.

When I had cats, I left the carrier out, because in the long months between vet visits the feline memory tends to fade. And there is a marvellous yet simple trick to get them into a carrier that works (with 99% of cats, not responsible for the outlier):

1) Put carrier on table or other high surface so that opening of carrier is flush with edge of surface.

2) Pick up cat and hold up at level of carrier.

3) Cat walks into carrier. Close and lock door FAST, before cat realises what it has done.

No, I didn't believe it either, but I thought I had nothing to lose, so I tried it. And it worked, and changed my life.
This sounds worth a try 😊

I can clearly see a path down the left hand side leading to a gate with a bolt on it.

This is a common setup in old London houses converted into flats - garden divided in 2, downstairs flat gets the closer portion, upstairs flat gets the farther one, with access through the nearer garden.

you can clearly see that.
well i guess i'm a fucking "numpty."
the garden is divided horizontally. i'd imagine that it might be divided vertically so that one tenant wouldn't be passing through the other tenant's space. at least that's what we'd do in civilized cities.

Back
Top Bottom