Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

As well as the hedgehog - Which I've seen again - three more times, so it must be a resident, I was woken early by the sound of black and white cat growling in the window.

When I looked out, a small cute tortoisehell kitty scarpered up the garden. Looks like a new cat in the area? I only know of one tortiseshell/white cat that lives at the other end of the street but I thik it is bigger, although I only know it because it sits on top of its high wall late at night and watches people stotting back from the pub with distain. :D

absolutely stinkin' cute.
(are you teaching that kitten to be a management consultant ? Because humanity might not be able to resist the onslaught.

Colin has committed GBH on another pigeon :(:mad:

Managed to get it before he killed it - he's torn out most feathers from pigeon's back and chest but it doesn't look like anything is broken or bleeding so my mum (Mrs Doolittle) has put pigeon in a box in a warm dry place with food and water. Probably futile, but fingers crossed.

Bloody fucking cat :mad:

Colin has committed GBH on another pigeon :(:mad:

Managed to get it before he killed it - he's torn out most feathers from pigeon's back and chest but it doesn't look like anything is broken or bleeding so my mum (Mrs Doolittle) has put pigeon in a box in a warm dry place with food and water. Probably futile, but fingers crossed.

Bloody fucking cat :mad:

Junior cat keeps going after birds much bigger than he's able to actually kill. I had to despatch a huge wood pigeon that he'd pulled one wing off the other day :( . And at the weekend I heard this noise outside that sounded like a shovel scraping on concrete and it was junior cat trying to manhandle a live magpie through the catflap.

We broke up the melee and magpie didn't appear to have sustained any major injuries and hopped off into the bushes.

twentythreedom - I hesitate to recommend this but I had it in mind for our (ruthless killer of anything that moved) cat before he carked it earlier this year.

I think it would be an insult to Colin's dapper dignity but it does allegedly work. But it's a fucking clown collar ffs....
birdbesafe.jpg

collarcloser.jpg

More about the supposed science of these hideous things here. Still (arguably) less cruel to the cat than a big clangy bell though....

How to Stop a Bird-Murdering Cat

If anyone has a taste for the grizzly, I remembered to take pictures of my hand while I was with the nurse today. Pics below:

The dodgy patterns on the back of my hand are from the bandage, as she'd only just removed it. In general, it looks loads better than it did. The swelling has mostly gone now. My index finger was twice the size it is. The worst wound on the underside of my index finger looks a lot better. It was all split open and 'woundy'. She had another squeeze of it, and there was a bit of infection in there, but the swab results came back fine, so hopefully it'll sort itself out and I won't need another course of antibiotics.

I'm sans bandage now, thank god, but have a dressing on my index finger, and have been told not to put my hand in anything minging (her words). I'm back to see her on Saturday morning, when no doubt she'll gleefully have another squeeze (she said it's very satisfying, like squeezing a spot).

Aren't cats great?

:D

Bloody Hell :eek:

I was going to make an "amusing" post along the lines of - if one of mine scratched my hand like your's (this was before I'd seen the pictures, I hasten to add) I would walk around the house and, in LOUD pantomime whispers, talk to Mrs Voltz about "taking the offending cat down to the river in a sack" or "I'll take the offending cat up to the top garden - two will go up, only one will come back"

But now I've seen the pictures, I think I'd treat the offending cat with DEEPEST RESPECT - until I got an opportunity to "Nuke it from Orbit"

I wouldn't, obviously, but . . . BLOODY HELL - your hand <barf smiley>

She said my palm will scar. I don't think I realised how deep those cuts were, tbh. They're stinging a bit now they're exposed to the air for the first time in a week, which is to be expected.

The finger will definitely scar. I'm excited to see what the final result will be. Because I'm weird like that.

I bought some Bio Oil :oops:

Reactions: CRI
i guess we don't think of things like this when we grab an armfull of kitty and dollop them all over small children.

also makes me respect the noodle more, how little damage he did when he was getting used to me. i had more scratches, but far, far less damage. how much he was holding back even when he was utterly terrified.

glad it's all being ok. and that your madamme has found someone who can understand why this happened.

and that your madamme has found someone who can understand why this happened.

It's never once occurred to me to blame her or be angry at her. Whether she's had experiences in the past that make her quick to defend herself when surprised I don't know, but it seems perfectly rational to me that she would do that when accosted with a big unknown thing on her belly in the dead of night that wakes her from sleep.

For the most part she's a miaower when she wants you to stop touching wherever you're touching. I try to be as respectful as possible. I'll continue to sneak in a belly rub when she's awake and already having tickles. I admit I've been a little more wary - ensuring I wake her up before giving her a stroke, and I tuck my arms under the covers at night so I'm not tempted to reach out to her while I'm half asleep and unaware of what I'm doing. For 9 months I've been sleeping with my arms draped on or around her, and I don't think I can do that now. Her behaviour hasn't changed, but my nerve has. Usual tickles and strokes and face rubs and head bumps are going ahead as normal though.

I love her to bits. That's not going to change.

i guess we don't think of things like this when we grab an armfull of kitty and dollop them all over small children.

also makes me respect the noodle more, how little damage he did when he was getting used to me. i had more scratches, but far, far less damage. how much he was holding back even when he was utterly terrified.

glad it's all being ok. and that your madamme has found someone who can understand why this happened.

Ahem,

'The Mighty Noodle,' (with capitals) if you don't mind. His Moggesty has his infinite supurriority over we mere humans to think of, after all.

Bloody Hell ! ! !

please though, don't tell anyone it was a domestic cat, make up some kind of story, you may as well get the Wows now you have the battle scars ;)

Woah!!! That's some serious damage!! Glad it's getting better.

I can't believe how much I am in love with my kittens already. I've only had them since Sunday!! They are so cheeky and lovely.

It's never once occurred to me to blame her or be angry at her. Whether she's had experiences in the past that make her quick to defend herself when surprised I don't know, but it seems perfectly rational to me that she would do that when accosted with a big unknown thing on her belly in the dead of night that wakes her from sleep.

For the most part she's a miaower when she wants you to stop touching wherever you're touching. I try to be as respectful as possible. I'll continue to sneak in a belly rub when she's awake and already having tickles. I admit I've been a little more wary - ensuring I wake her up before giving her a stroke, and I tuck my arms under the covers at night so I'm not tempted to reach out to her while I'm half asleep and unaware of what I'm doing. For 9 months I've been sleeping with my arms draped on or around her, and I don't think I can do that now. Her behaviour hasn't changed, but my nerve has. Usual tickles and strokes and face rubs and head bumps are going ahead as normal though.

I love her to bits. That's not going to change.

i know.

i'm certain someone had hit noodle in response to him having limits. he still reacts with that fear on occasion. and he's never done anyhting like the damage your lass did, even at his worst. scratched hands, and bitten toes, but nothing ever that serious. what i'm getting at is that she's lucky to have found someone like you, rather than the sort of bastard who hit him for what was probably a hell of a lot less.(and i do wonder if that has anything to do with why he was a stray, cause we never did hrear back about his chip) anyway, it's cause you is great and gets cats.

but on a positive note from him, he let my son into his armpits for the first time today. son often gets hissed at for just going near him. and last week got a (thankfully claw-free) full force smack in the face from him (which i can say from my own expereince is somewhat supprising and painful from such a small animal). but today, he got the first stage of belly. compare this to the lass, who got belly after a few weeks, not a few months and gets to pick him up and dance round the room with him going meercat over her shoulder. but son also gets cats and dosen't take it personally that noodle dosen't trust him as much as his sisters. and his patience has paid off.

. . . I can't believe how much I am in love with my kittens already . . .

What about the two you left behind? Hmmmm!!!1111

thomas-murphy-quote-never-leave-a-man-behind-that-is-the-seal-creed-th.jpg

Surely there must be room in your heart for two more little kittehs

bloody hell, VP, you look like you've been attacked by a mountain lion or a cougar. Very impressive. (but also ouchy,glad to hear it is healing ok)

I. don't. believe. it. :eek:

I've just picked up and snuggled Casper - the first time I tried this I got a face full of claws - not Vintage Paw levels of damage but enough to make me a bit wary but I've been stroking him down both sides, and then standing behind him and putting my hands under his tummy, then quickly lifting his front legs up and the time before the grand pick up - I was lifting him up and putting him down for, like, a second or two

And then this time, the planets were all aligned and up he came and he snuggled into my shoulder and had a good old itch

:mad::rolleyes: One-eyed-cat is tired, thank you please and want to go to bed :rolleyes::mad:

But won't go up without me. And I'm not ready yet. So cue 'mazing massive moany meowing.

And this morning he simply didn't bother getting up for breakfast and to see me off to work.

Humph.

If anyone has a taste for the grizzly, I remembered to take pictures of my hand while I was with the nurse today. Pics below:

The dodgy patterns on the back of my hand are from the bandage, as she'd only just removed it. In general, it looks loads better than it did. The swelling has mostly gone now. My index finger was twice the size it is. The worst wound on the underside of my index finger looks a lot better. It was all split open and 'woundy'. She had another squeeze of it, and there was a bit of infection in there, but the swab results came back fine, so hopefully it'll sort itself out and I won't need another course of antibiotics.

I'm sans bandage now, thank god, but have a dressing on my index finger, and have been told not to put my hand in anything minging (her words). I'm back to see her on Saturday morning, when no doubt she'll gleefully have another squeeze (she said it's very satisfying, like squeezing a spot).

Aren't cats great?

:D

Good gosh, that looks awful. You are very brave!

The only scars I have at the moment are from Duncan Guinea Pig - he has sharp claws but doesn't mean anything by it :)

Breeze seems to have a bit of a weepy left eye. Can't see any scratches or anything. A bottle of Paprika fell out of the cupboard this morning, covering the kitchen floor in paprika snow and OH wonders if she got some of that in her eye. I put a drop of Griff's eye medicine in (she did not like) but if not better, off to vets tomorrow. I don't want it to get worse over the weekend.

She said my palm will scar. I don't think I realised how deep those cuts were, tbh. They're stinging a bit now they're exposed to the air for the first time in a week, which is to be expected.

The finger will definitely scar. I'm excited to see what the final result will be. Because I'm weird like that.

I bought some Bio Oil :oops:

Scars are :cool: Fact.

(Bloody hell though!)

People were comparing scars in my local one time, years ago. Bloke who won lifted his shirt up to reveal a massive semi-circular scar running up over his chest. "Shark bite" he says. There's a moment of stunned silence and then someone goes "Haaang on, if that's on the front ..."

Turns out what really happened is a bus pulled out on him, when he was riding a motorbike. He went through the (open) door, out through the windscreen, shattering his ribs on the way. He thinks he clipped the steering wheel, but he doesn't really remember. The scar was from where they opened him up to put him back together. It was quite terrifying.

Ahhhhhhhh

Is there actually anything nicer than lying on the sofa with a kitten asleep on your chest? A tiny alive thing. :D

Three kittens :D

CIMG0785.JPG

(Old pic by the way).

Also, since I haven't been on here for ages ...

Oh, hai. Are U making that thing which meanz I getz cream?
(Yes, yes I am)

WP_20160521_001.jpg

E2A Christ! Sorry about the size of those, swear blind that I resized them all!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom