Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Happy Birthday Mr K!

When I scrolled down to the first photo I thought "Who the fuck has been in my house taking photos of Peggy?"

I haven't seen a pic of Mr Kippers for a while so I'd forgotten they looked so similar!

Why is it, that a cat that can move at 30+ mph, and regularly zooms around at shoulder height appearing to have taken flight during his "funny five minutes" when he is leaping off the furniture, slows to a default 1/8 of a mile per hour when walking in front of me along a narrow hallway? And stops in the doorway to give his arse a good clean, blocking my way into a room?

Jakey just stepped on the edge of their water bowl and gave himself a bit of a bath. He is currently looking alarmed and trying to get water off his fur. He's not the sharpest knife, bless him.

I've only posted once on this thread, this pic of one of my old boys from last year. He's being put to sleep this morning :( he would have been 16 on the 26th of this month but he's got cancer, can't meow, has dropped from 6kg before Christmas to 3kg now. Gutted cos he's been a brilliant cat.

6isb3t.jpg

Sorry to read that Numbers - it is such a hard decision to take, but the right one (I know - did it myself a while ago), and 16 is a very good innings.

Thanks all, bloody heartwrenching it was/is. Missus and I got him and his brother a month after we moved in together in 2000. Feel totally devastated and sad right now.

Cheers

Oh damn, I'm sorry Numbers. The little furry buggers make you love them with nary a care in the world for how you'll miss them once they're gone.

I lost my 15 year old last year to cancer. I can't be as resolute as others, unfortunately, because I still second guess everything I did for him, whether I made the right decisions along the way... but that's because I'm a nob and he was my world (as daft as that sounds) and I miss him terribly. But despite everything that happened, I know he's not suffering anymore, and it would have been a cruelty to have him go on. What I remind myself is he never walked around with his tail up in the air anymore. That's not right.

All my thoughts with you xx

I'm so sorry Numbers … went through the same thing myself earlier this year, it's shocking how much it knocks you sideways (and it can't be a coincidence that I just typed that 'sad ways' without noticing.) But 16 is a good cat's lifetime and you obviously cared for him well right up to the end. Rest in purrs old fella.

Sorry Numbers! When I had to put my Speedy down I cried like Niagara Falls. I know it's hard, we all do. Sorry for your loss.

Sending hugs Numbers. It's the moment we all dread as pet owners.

colacubes Carpet is also a dog cat. He is a very enthusiastic digger - I found a newly planted primula that he'd unearthed the other day. :mad: And he still hates the cat flap and follows me around the house.

I've only posted once on this thread, this pic of one of my old boys from last year. He's being put to sleep this morning :( he would have been 16 on the 26th of this month but he's got cancer, can't meow, has dropped from 6kg before Christmas to 3kg now. Gutted cos he's been a brilliant cat.

6isb3t.jpg
He looked like a lovely boy Numbers. I'm so sorry he's gone but he was a good age and I bet you gave him loads of love.

6isb3t.jpg
Gutted for you.

Here's a bit of live action Clive itching

And some Casper itching

For your enjoyment

Well good fucking lord. Would you look at that!!

And did you see how Casper gave you a reaffirming snuffle? And a tender nip?

Who'd have bloody thunk it, eh?

I could bloody hug you pair for persevering with Clive and Casper. It's all been worth it.

Reactions: CRI
This is our other 16 year old, well... he's 16 in 2.5 weeks. This fella (Wolfie) has been through the absolute wars.. how he has survived is beyond me, but the vet recently gave him a clean bill of health :thumbs: apart from being deaf.

714fhf.jpg

Look at that ear! The stories he could tell, eh? He looks content though. :thumbs:

Well good fucking lord. Would you look at that!!

And did you see how Casper gave you a reaffirming snuffle? And a tender nip?

Who'd have bloody thunk it, eh?

I could bloody hug you pair for persevering with Clive and Casper. It's all been worth it.

In fairness to Casper - that vid's a bit old now - he's mellowed even more and he's really getting into his itchings, he'll lean into a good chin itch to extract the maximum from it

Back
Top Bottom