Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Yeah, he's definitely got the hang of lounging on the sofa tbf. :rolleyes::D

looking at your last post about him not going out, I suspect he's enjoying the novelty of somewhere warm and safe to sleep off a full belly.

but the level of desperation that drove him in would indicate he's been without proper food for a while. he's probably eating and sleeping more than he would normally to regain a bit of lost weight. add that onto a cat's normal winter lazyness and he's going to be doing not much other than lazing until he's stopped needing to scoff more than he would usually, and until the weather improves.

looking at your last post about him not going out, I suspect he's enjoying the novelty of somewhere warm and safe to sleep off a full belly.

but the level of desperation that drove him in would indicate he's been without proper food for a while. he's probably eating and sleeping more than he would normally to regain a bit of lost weight. add that onto a cat's normal winter lazyness and he's going to be doing not much other than lazing until he's stopped needing to scoff more than he would usually, and until the weather improves.

today-do-i.jpg

Yeah, at this point I'm starting to doubt that Noodle actually exists and you just grabbed that picture from a meme generator :D

The only one of mine who doesn't like chin scritches is Radar, I think because he's prone to acne and sometimes has spots on his chin (poor bugger is a mess of allergy-related skin conditions tbh).

Jakey will indicate that he wants chin scritches by kind of repeatedly nodding his head upwards until his command is obeyed :D

We're having some work done on the roof outside which means there's a bit of banging going on. So Hendrix is hiding up the chimney, obvs. :rolleyes::facepalm:

I often refer to my role in my relationship with the cats as being "a glorified cat bed". As soon as I settle down anywhere I have a pile of cats on me.

I got in late last night and I was using the loo one of my cats sat at my feet with a mouse in her mouth. Delightful. Managed to get the mouse from her and pop it outside hopefully to live a life elsewhere. If I'd not had a few beers I wouldn't have been brave enough to pick the mouse up!

And it would appear theres another of the critters somewhere in the flat. I got in late yesterday after being away for the weekend and the cats were nowhere to be seen. They eventually emerged from under the bed but wouldn't stop scrambling under there and trying to get at the mattress topper I keep under there. This went on all night, so I imagine theres a scared mouse hiding out in there - will have to check it out tonight when I get home.

Taken Vastra to the vet as her overgrooming has got worse again. It turned out it was almost exactly a year ago I took her last about this, which is interesting in itself (also was much more recently than I thought, I thought it was nearer two years!).

The spot she's really been going at is at the base of her tail and the vet said that's a common flea-bite spot, though she couldn't see any sign of fleas. However it is possible she got bitten by a passing flea outside as a one-off and has an allergic reaction and/or abscess somewhere. Vet's given her an antihistamine injection to relieve it for a few days and some flea drops, which we need to do monthly. If it continues they could do a skin test for allergies, although the vet last year suggested they were generally inconclusive - we could also try hypoallergenic cat food for a bit. I'm going to get some cod liver oil capsules, as last time, squeezing those on her food also helped lower the irritation.

The vet asked if there were any extra stresses like building work, and I said no, but there will be in 3-4 months' time - she suggested we watch to see if her grooming gets worse again because that would indicate a definite stress cause.

I've always been sceptical of it being stress as she is such a chilled out cat (although not at the vets' - it's the only time I hear her hiss!), though it just occurred to me that maybe she doesn't show stress in other ways - like my last, totally neurotic cat - perhaps this is how it manifests.

Anyway, hope this relieves the discomfort long enough for her to get comfortable and stop overgrooming.

Does she go outside, Cloo - is it possible it's stress from another cat she encounters on her travels? You might never see a cat if it doesn't come into your garden/yard but she might be seeing one if she goes a bit further than the back fence.

Yes, the vet mentioned possible enemy cat stress - she is an outdoor cat and there are quite a few mogs in this neighbourhood.

She appears to have forgiven me and held out the olive branch by sitting on the marked up manuscripts I was working on and farting stinkily. Thanks.

1509646_10208867600712699_9157201138458519657_n.jpg

Haven't been here in a while, so glad Epona to hear the eye is all clear now. Somehow Griff managed to get it all over his face both times he went in with eye problems. (He's doing well by the way - looking into a new companion for him.)

Strangely, I don't remember having a grey round fluffy scatter cushion before! :)

Breeze cushion-001.jpg

My Jakey does that without the assistance of cat drugs - I think I'll avoid trying him out on valerian!

i've also got some silver vine on it's way. supposed to have similar effects to valerian when they chew on the vine. which is supposed to be good for teeth.

Back
Top Bottom