Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

My two are enjoying the sun and my having a short notice day off. :)

37559264.a56328c6.1024.jpg

37559260.8bfb2d73.1024.jpg

:)

10409361_10153277313389009_3048531800667584483_n.jpg

This is the infamous pissing jungle cat of old manchester town, although it doesn't really show off his beautiful markings to full effect. I've advertised locally that he's been prowling around, but I have bought a collar and put a message in the barrel saying 'Is this your cat - please call us'. If I don't hear anything, we're thinking of taking him to the vets to check for a chip, get his runny eyes sorted and his nads chopped off. Is that overstepping the mark? If he's a pedigree being kept for breeding surely he'd be chipped, and not roaming around apparently stray. And as long as he's bollocked up he's potentially making more unwanted cats.

This is how you end up being 'the one with all those cats' isn't it?

Randy, who we always considered a lover, not a fighter (hence his name), has now got a collar and bell after he brought a bird in. :(

Reactions: izz
If I don't hear anything, we're thinking of taking him to the vets to check for a chip, get his runny eyes sorted and his nads chopped off. Is that overstepping the mark? If he's a pedigree being kept for breeding surely he'd be chipped, and not roaming around apparently stray. ... This is how you end up being 'the one with all those cats' isn't it?

If you get no response you're not overstepping the mark to check for a chip and sort eyes out; if there is no chip, then the neutering thing is a bit more sensitive (as it were) but if he keeps turning up you'd not be bang out of order to go that far. I wouldn't think of it as a single-visit, sort it all out at once type of project though.

PS try and avoid adopting this cat, because even if he doesn't have a home or an owner, bringing him into your house (with or without nads) is going to set your existing 2 off spraying, even if they weren't doing so before. I can't properly tell if he's a Bengal either from that pic - he might not be - but if he is, be aware that because Bengals are so energetic and mad and semi-feral in some ways, they can be a bit hard to integrate with non-Bengal cats (even when the non-Bengal cats aren't the old hands feeling intruded on by a new one.)

If you get no response you're not overstepping the mark to check for a chip and sort eyes out; if there is no chip, then the neutering thing is a bit more sensitive (as it were) but if he keeps turning up you'd not be bang out of order to go that far. I wouldn't think of it as a single-visit, sort it all out at once type of project though.

PS try and avoid adopting this cat, because even if he doesn't have a home or an owner, bringing him into your house (with or without nads) is going to set your existing 2 off spraying, even if they weren't doing so before. I can't properly tell if he's a Bengal either from that pic - he might not be - but if he is, be aware that because Bengals are so energetic and mad and semi-feral in some ways, they can be a bit hard to integrate with non-Bengal cats (even when the non-Bengal cats aren't the old hands feeling intruded on by a new one.)

Yeah, I can't see it going down well with the lads. Adopting him ourselves is very much the last resort - fingers crossed we have a home lined up for him where he would be the only cat in the house.

I have just made the mistake of googling Bengal cats to see if they look like this fella - aaaaaaah.

BREAKING NEWS... the owner has been in touch! Trying to think of a polite way to say 'Please get your stinky tom cat neutered'.

Microchipped catflap it is then.

There's a certain on-line purveyor of "fine cat "stuff" " called Z00 +

and I "may" have spent far too much money there over the last few weeks

but they sell a cat toy which I refer to as "feathers" which is a bunch of feathers attached to a length of string, which is attached to a whisky, flicky, pole thing

This toy - costing <£2 - had brought Clive and to a much less degree - Casper - out of their shell - it is the break through I've been looking for - I now have to get footage of said cat killing said feathers for the delight and delectation of this thread - Clive really is a very handsome cat but Clive is my favourite but so far he's just pair of eyes looking down from the top of a book shelf

It's only my position but I think we should not bring too much of the human world into our pets' lives. I would let Nature take its course and, when her time comes, help her gently out.:(

That's where we ended up, she's still hanging in. It's difficult to know at what point to take her to be euthanised.

She's still eating but spends virtually all the time curled up in a ball in the clothes basket, she's lost most of her teeth and is on a diet of soft food and steroid medication, I've just noticed her left eye is now infected, it's incredibly sad, I doubt she has more than two to three weeks, it's really shit to watch and we feel so helpless.

Again anyone here with views on what point to do the inevitable, I've never had to do this before...

Back
Top Bottom