Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Yes or No -AV referendum May 2011

Lol so parties will know how many votes they're REALLY getting? erm yeah ... except tatctical voting is just as likely uinder AV, as it is anywhere else !

It's not, Anti MPs can be leant on, while it's appealing to keep the turn out low, I think that because it's going to be on an existing election day which is probably going to get a higher than normal turnout so people can punish the coalition, it's best not to rely on low turn out and make sure you vote no.
In, the event of a sub-40% turnout, why would disco want to 'lean on' his MPs to vote into legislation something he's just spent weeks arguing against?surely,it'll be a free vote
e2a: but I'll still vote,and vote 'no'.

In, the event of a sub-40% turnout, why would disco want to 'lean on' his MPs to vote into legislation something he's just spent weeks arguing against?surely,it'll be a free vote
e2a: but I'll still vote,and vote 'no'.

There's free votes and "free" votes.

He may well decide that letting the referendum pass in order to prevent the Libs collapsing into acrimony and panic too soon.

a8 convinced me to vote "no" :(

I was always going to vote no because of the gerrymandering of seats element being tied in. I'm not especially anti AV as such/on its own, could even be go to see some merit in AV, but artiul8 is not doing too good a job of arguing the case to say the least.

In any event, the biggest factor by far for me is that the LDs deserve a thorough kicking :D

Jesus, how many more times? - the boundaries are *not* affected by the referendum outcome. If the Bill passes, the boundaries changes/reduction in MPs will already be set in stone. The AV bit is all that remins up for discussion.

Let's have a thread where you spell out your positive strategy for building an alternative, and account for why no-one is remotely interested

this is the limit of your positive strategy? Boost the Tories by shooting down democratic reform? Great - the Tory-anarchist alliance is alive and well

shit - we've lost urban75? the game is up - becuase the odds and sods of that bulletin board are an uncanny litmus test of public opinion

yeh right - we should have chucked all our efforts at winning over the social misfits who can clock up over 76,000 posts on a bulletin board

Back
Top Bottom