Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Worst cheese ever?

Cheese and fizzy water party’s would be fine. You do have to have accompaniments tho. Crackers, bread sticks, beautiful fresh baked bread, olives, cornichons (sp), pickles, even at a push chutney, tomatoes. Heaven.

What wine do you have? I know nothing about wine.

Lightly chilled sweet whites (with balancing acidity) with blue cheeses, eg Sauternes, Monbazillac go well as they can exhibit juicy apricot and ripe white fruit flavours.

Reds are such a wide field, the best advice find a good local indie wine merchant and pay over a tenner (how much is a round of drinks), talk to them about what you are eating and your general style preference ie New World medium body/ripe Rhone/fruity and big/smooth and rich etc

They should suggest a couple of choices.

A good choice atm in a supermarket might be the Aussie Limestone Coast Shiraz in Lidl :

The Second Fleet Shiraz - at Lidl UK

Would pair with big hard cheeses and blues

Chilled fino sherry with salted almonds, olives, hard goats cheese...amazing

Tawny port, walnuts and stilton ....yes please

Lightly chilled sweet whites (with balancing acidity) with blue cheeses, eg Sauternes, Monbazillac go well as they can exhibit juicy apricot and ripe white fruit flavours.

Reds are such a wide field, the best advice find a good local indie wine merchant and pay over a tenner (how much is a round of drinks), talk to them about what you are eating and your general style preference ie New World medium body/ripe Rhone/fruity and big/smooth and rich etc

They should suggest a couple of choices.

A good choice atm in a supermarket might be the Aussie Limestone Coast Shiraz in Lidl :

The Second Fleet Shiraz - at Lidl UK

Would pair with big hard cheeses and blues

Chilled fino sherry with salted almonds, olives, hard goats cheese...amazing

Tawny port, walnuts and stilton ....yes please
Now there’s a man who knows his stuff and enjoys the finer things :cool: Thank you

I am not really that keen on cheese (solid grease...bleh) but I vastly prefer to cook with some decently pungent stuff. Never eat it uncooked. My offspring used to like the most awful shit (Baby Bel , mozarella, hallouni and Laughing Cow) but prizes for rubbery nothingness must go to Port Salut

Cottage cheese
Novelty cheese
Norwegian brown cheese

Not a fan of the more boring English cheeses... Lancashire, Wensleydale etc.

Not counting American cheese products as cheese.
Oh gawd yes the Norwegian brown cheese - a big disappointment when I tried it. Was it smoked? I don’t remember a decent smoky flavour like some German or Austrian rauch cheese

Oh gawd yes the Norwegian brown cheese - a big disappointment when I tried it. Was it smoked? I don’t remember a decent smoky flavour like some German or Austrian rauch cheese
its whey cheese, boiled til caramelised, then mixed with cream or milk. made from cow and/or goats milk. if you make it softer you get messmör - caramelised whey butter.

Brunost

I've not had it in ages, just remember thinking it was shit. Kaviar (tubes of smoked cod's roe) good, brunost bad.

In Colombia they have a bland white cheese that they grate into fruit salad. The cheese itself is merely crap but its location in fruit salad elevates it to truly awful.

In Colombia they have a bland white cheese that they grate into fruit salad. The cheese itself is merely crap but its location in fruit salad elevates it to truly awful.
Fruit and cheese tho is a very long standing marriage. Why doesn’t it work?

I think some cheeses (like paneer) aren’t supposed to have much flavour and are supposed to take on the flavours of the sauce it’s cooked in - like unflavoured Quorn pieces or tofu.

Cottage cheese is not one for the foodies, but it is healthy as fuck. High in protein and low in fat.

If you're trying to lose weight or gain muscle, it should be one of your go to foods.

Cottage cheese is not one for the foodies, but it is healthy as fuck. High in protein and low in fat.

If you're trying to lose weight or gain muscle, it should be one of your go to foods.
I love cottage cheese but difficult to get hold of here , Requeijão is the nearest equivalent.

Back
Top Bottom