Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Worst cheese ever?

Vintage cheddar. Or any cheese called vintage that is tacky to the touch and has little crystals of extra disgusting in it.
Halloumi if it squeaks.
Most blue cheese.
Regarding cottage cheese, the one from Iceland (the shop, not the country) is delicious.

Lymeswold was gorgeous! I wish they’d revive it. I’m having serious difficulty thinking of a cheese I dislike but a contender would probably involve goats’ milk as it has a back taste that’s a bit weird.
I wondering if that’s just nostalgia for the care-free 80s? Tastes have changed a lot over the years, and I’m not sure a mass-produced, ultra-mild, faux-French cheese would cut the mustard today.

I wondering if that’s just nostalgia for the care-free 80s? Tastes have changed a lot over the years, and I’m not sure a mass-produced, ultra-mild, faux-French cheese would cut the mustard today.

No - I thought the 80s was a dreadful decade and not particularly carefree. Lymeswold was one of the better things about it 🙂. Apparently they had trouble meeting public demand and because of this released several batches before their optimum maturity which might account for its poor reputation.

No - I thought the 80s was a dreadful decade and not particularly carefree. Lymeswold was one of the better things about it 🙂. Apparently they had trouble meeting public demand and because of this released several batches before their optimum maturity which might account for its poor reputation.
I think being shit was the reason for its poor reputation. :D

I think being shit was the reason for its poor reputation. :D

I just called a couple of mates regarding Lymeswold and they miss it too. There was far shittier cheese round then - mild supermarket cheddar was everywhere and you paid serious coin for properly mature stuff. Lymeswold actually had some flavour so perhaps that’s why I liked it - good entry level blue cheese 😋

I love all cheeses, even the shit ones like Edam or Dairylee triangles. Don't like the cheese with cranberries they do at Christmas. Think that's about it, and that's cos of the non-cheese element. I bet even the maggot stuff is lovely. Cheese just can't help itself. Some cheeses are better than others but all of them are made of cheese. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom