Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will you continue using a face mask after 19 July?

Will you continue to use a mask in certain situations after 19 July?

• Yes

Votes: 213 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
Lots of outrage at the ending of restrictions on 19 July, especially as the Delta variant is increasing rapidly. Just wondering if Urban will continue to take precautions.
I will definitely still wear a mask in busy indoor places.

Depends where. I'm still going to avoid public transport for a while so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. The only other place I wear one is in shops/supermarkets and I'll likely stop doing that because my specs get steamed up. I'll keep one in my pocket though, to put on if anyone freaks out about it.

I've been masked since April 2020.
If mask wearing falls off significantly near me I will start double-masking in enclosed spaces.

61 and fully-vaccinated with only a "slight" chance of moderate illness from the new variants ?
I will have moved from primarily protecting and showing concern for others towards protecting myself.

Depends where. I'm still going to avoid public transport for a while so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. The only other place I wear one is in shops/supermarkets and I'll likely stop doing that because my specs get steamed up. I'll keep one in my pocket though, to put on if anyone freaks out about it.
Put the mask a little bit underneath your spectacles and they won't steam up.

Probably, shops, public transport, taxis.

No intention to go to any crowded indoor places any time soon so with that caviete will drop the sharade of putting one on inside a pub to walk to the toilet.

This might be really negative & paranoid I can't tell:
I think that a lot of places after 19th, particularly the macho type places that for stupid reasons i've mostly been going to lately (builders yards screwfix & and tool hire shops etc), but i reckon loads of other places too, wearing a mask would result in people having a go / telling you to take it off. Its happened already a few times, same people who used to say 'smile'.
I think that will factor into my choices though i'm a bit embarrassed to admit it.

Last edited:
Shops and public transport although I’m keen to avoid using public transport.

I am planning a trip to London in a few weeks and a bit apprehensive about needing to use the tube to get from Waterloo to Wood Green.

I'm so happily boring that I go in much the same way I did before Covid was a thing:
Home-Work-Home again (occasionally the pub, if Liverpool are playing).

That said, I use public transport almost exclusively and I work in care and spend 90% of my time in town/shops, so it would be incredibly foolhardy if I didn't wear a mask.

That said, I whole heartedly agree with 'learning ti live with Covid', just not now.

This might be really negative & paranoid I can't tell:
I think that a lot of places after 19th, particularly the macho type places that for stupid reasons i've mostly been going to lately (builders yards screwfix & and tool hire shops etc), but i reckon loads of other places too, wearing a mask would result in people having a go / telling you to take it off. I think that will factor into my choices though i'm a bit embarrassed to admit it.
Screwfix and Machine Mart have been bang on it with the mask enforcement round here, more than the hospital even! Would be surprised to see it change that much after the 19th.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach. For me it's not so much the masks but having to sit next to strangers on the buses again - that's going to be weird! I'm definitely still going to use hand sanitiser.

Have just bought some new masks from here Face masks and face mask filters for your protection | AirPop - the best in Which? tests - as am determined to carry on using public transport because avoiding it earlier in the pandemic had a huge impact on my quality of life, so want to protect myself the best I can. Otherwise though, I will carry on wearing mask in the few shops I go to and otherwise will keep outside, until case rates drop to a level I'm comfortable with.

Screwfix and Machine Mart have been bang on it with the mask enforcement round here, more than the hospital even! Would be surprised to see it change that much after the 19th.
Here it started off like that but has totally changed more recently. Maybe it’s really local phenomenon down to personalities in branch idk.

In crowded public transport and shops and taxis then yes, but what might change is quickly popping into shops where now I always do, but when things change maybe I won't be so strict. Work I have to wear one anyway as it's healthcare. Have never worn one outside unless moving quickly between indoor places. Stopped the sanitizing hands things a couple of months ago.

Yes- in shops, public transport etc and when I go for a dance, and a gig which I will be doing by the end of July.
Have never worn one outside, but would do if very crowded.

Working with people from around the world (online) has given me an interesting perspective. The Russians and Ukrainians have never really worn masks and many have been gallivanting around the world, going to concerts and big parties, throughout this whole period. And look at the rates there...697 deaths on Saturday.

I also have an Italian student who did not contract covid when the others in his workplace did, because he was wearing a decent mask. That is my little bit of evidence that wearing a well fitting mask can protect you.

Back
Top Bottom