Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will Gary Lineker be presenting Motd on Saturday?

This is a great take from MLT :D Fucking LOVE the voice these shitty RW news channels give to these lot.

(Basically a few years back MLT and 2 other white guys got replaced by 3 new presenters who were black, Twitter called it racist, Wrighty was angered by this, and made a post said it wasn't, and that MLT et al had had a good run anyway, and that these new presenters were great. Crucially, also, Wrighty did not work for Sky:D)

This is a great take from MLT :D Fucking LOVE the voice these shitty RW news channels give to these lot.

(Basically a few years back MLT and 2 other white guys got replaced by 3 new presenters who were black, Twitter called it racist, Wrighty was angered by this, and made a post said it wasn't, and that MLT et al had had a good run anyway, and that these new presenters were great. Crucially, also, Wrighty did not work for Sky:D)

You've got that slightly wrong - MLT, bignose and Nicholas weren't replaced by three new presenters who were black; it was the idea that they might be replaced by three black people (IIRC Alex Scott, Micah Richards and another who I have forgotten at the moment were the ones mentioned) that the usual sort were running around being outraged about and it was that which Wright critiqued. MLT agreed with what Wright said at the time, too.

Is this the Tories Moby Dick?

I’ve always said if the country expended as much thought and energy on politics as they apply to premiership football we wouldn’t be in this shit show

Pity it wasn’t the NHS or electricity bills, or inflation or in work poverty

Bloody footy

Is this the Tories Moby Dick?

I’ve always said if the country expended as much thought and energy on politics as they apply to premiership football we wouldn’t be in this shit show
The only thing that takes the shine off a bit is that it’s the home sec herself & the very shittest of the press that put effort into making the footballer the story in the first place, instead of the really seriously bad and frightening thing that he was criticising. So the farce & distraction of this all week instead of the thing he was actually talking about is a relief for everyone but also probably for them.

The only thing that takes the shine off a bit is that it’s the home sec herself & the very shittest of the press that put effort into making the footballer the story in the first place , instead of the really seriously shit and frightening thing that he was criticising in the first place. So the farce & distraction of this is a relief for everyone but also maybe for them.
I think it's more keeping a light shone on Braverman and Co. The latest initiative in the march towards "shoot the migrants as government policy" could easily have been lost as just one in a string of awful policies, but in this climate? Not a chance.

I think it's more keeping a light shone on Braverman and Co. The latest initiative in the march towards "shoot the migrants as government policy" could easily have been lost as just one in a string of awful policies, but in this climate? Not a chance.
Hope so, idk. When he Gary gets interviewed next I think he’ll probably bring it back to the point he was making in the first place & that’d be good.

Yeah Braverman choosing to go after Lineker this week has surely backfired. How many more people are now aware of facts like the one about the number of refugees the UK takes compared to others?

In a political climate where there is no alternative and Labour are straining to outflank the government to the right, this shines a wonderful light on the fact that there is considerable dissent to this horror out there. Shame it has to fall to retired footballers, but then they're considerably more representative of the UK population than either front bench.

Last edited:
Hope so, idk. When he Gary gets interviewed next I think he’ll probably bring it back to the point he was making in the first place & that’d be good.
He's not going to back down, that's for sure. Of course he is in a privileged position where he doesn't' worry about money, can afford to lose this job knowing he will walk into another one, etc. But still, he's done it rather than not do it. As said at the start of the thread, he is being that guy with his arms folded.

This is just all bad for the government from what I can see. It's spectacularly bad for the BBC.

Yeah Braverman choosing to go after Lineker this week has surely backfired. How many more people are now aware of facts like the one about the number of refugees the UK takes compared to others?
Yeah I think you’re right. In her head, she was going to get away with painting him as an out of touch leftie blah and herself as the voice of Ordinary Britons and that’s not quite gone to plan , she definitely didn’t see the snowball coming.

What is it with these mid-90s rave pop outfits? N-Trance are now weighing in against Lineker? Oh noes...

I also follow Baby D on instagram and she went totally bonkers on the anti-vax covid conspiracy tip during lockdown. She's still banging on about it now. Thankfully Altern-8 have remained sound.
They were into masks way before covid. Made them look like fashion leaders.

What is it with these mid-90s rave pop outfits? N-Trance are now weighing in against Lineker? Oh noes...

I also follow Baby D on instagram and she went totally bonkers on the anti-vax covid conspiracy tip during lockdown. She's still banging on about it now. Thankfully Altern-8 have remained sound.
where do SL2 stand on matters?

Back
Top Bottom