Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will Gary Lineker be presenting Motd on Saturday?

The one thing Lineker is known for, even if you don't know anything else about his career, is that he was never booked. To think he doesn't know the fine detail of his contract now, to avoid breaking the rules, is ludicrous. Goody two shoes innit.

Also, if someone is sharing their opinion on him, while saying they have no interest in what he said, then that probably means they know they'll disagree with him.
Oh god yes. I’m seeing subtext all over Sasaferrato ’s “I’ve no interest” intervention.

Seems to be emboldening a few others at the BBC

BBC presenter admits fears about discussing BBC chair's Tory links​

BBC 5 Live presenter Nihal Arthanayake has posted on Instagram explaining why he believes Gary Lineker’s suspension is such a controversial issue.

He also says that he was “fearful” of raising the issue of BBC chair David Sharp’s association with the Conservatives – but decided to post anyway.

One of the many questions raised by Gary and his tweets is while he has been asked to ‘step back’ why is a man who is reported to have donated £400k to the Conservative Party still the chairman of the BBC. I have been asked this many times now.
If perception is important how will the BBC deal with that issue?
I struggled with posting this because I felt fearful to do so. But then realised that this is a legitimate question that would be discussed on my show.
I feel sad that I should feel fearful though. I believe in the BBC passionately but consistency is important.

Back
Top Bottom