Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Faulty Towers to be rebooted?

Faulty Towers was shit to begin with, a remake can only heighten the shitness.
I loved it when I was a kid. Slapstick humour is great for kids. But it's aged badly, for sure. And I loved all kinds of rubbish when I was a kid. The Goodies, for instance, on which, ironically, Cleese once appeared, disparaging it as a 'Kids' Show'.

they should bring back one foot in the grave or porridge. Fuck it, I'd take a rebooted Brittas Empire over this.
I used to use that as a touchstone for shit comedy as well, but I thought I'd give it a go again when they re-aired it a while back. The first series is just as dire as you remember, but after that sort of cratered they seem to have thought "Fuck it" and it gets quite surreal (in a good way) later on. I still don't think it's great, but it's no longer my byword for failed sitcom either. (I think Hi-Di-Hi should be that now)

Surely most of the Star Treks are, effectively, reboots? Even if every series was less good than there previous one.

And Arrested Development.

I used to use that as a touchstone for shit comedy as well, but I thought I'd give it a go again when they re-aired it a while back. The first series is just as dire as you remember, but after that sort of cratered they seem to have thought "Fuck it" and it gets quite surreal (in a good way) later on. I still don't think it's great, but it's no longer my byword for failed sitcom either. (I think Hi-Di-Hi should be that now)
The bsi standard for shit comedy is oh dr beeching

I liked Hi-Di-Hi. :oops: Caveat, as before, I was a kid at the time.

The bsi standard for shit comedy is oh dr beeching
can it be any worse than the short lived Comrade Dad:
17 December 1984 - Comrade Dad: With George Cole, Claire Toeman, Barbara Ewing, Doris Hare. In an alternative future, Great Britain is part of the USSR in 1999 - an imperfect situation but one that pleases Reg, the 'Comrade Dad' of the Dudgeon family.

17 December 1984 - Comrade Dad: With George Cole, Claire Toeman, Barbara Ewing, Doris Hare. In an alternative future, Great Britain is part of the USSR in 1999 - an imperfect situation but one that pleases Reg, the 'Comrade Dad' of the Dudgeon family.
Why have I not heard of this before? :D

yes

I don't re-call that, not surprising as I was living in Ireland and didn't have a telly at the time, but it's all on youtube, so I'll take a butchers later.

Back
Top Bottom