Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Quantum Leap reboot, La Brea, and other cheesy TV sci fi

Having got two episodes into the second series of Russian Doll, it strikes me that the second series of Russian Doll is also definitely a Quantum Leap reboot.

I've been watching Season 1 of the new Quantum Leap and I really like it. Episode three delivers, and episode 6 is a spin on The Exorcist that is a lot of fun. The way they've continued the original storyline without getting bogged down delivering easter eggs or attempting to be all things to all fans is refreshing. It's quite old fashioned, not trying to be too clever, and plays out as pure entertainment. It's still an episodic high tech Highway to Heaven with endless possibilities for where it can go. I'm all the way in on this one.

I watched a couple of episodes - you are bang on!
I've got a couple of episodes of Ms Marvel and the last 4 or 5 episodes of Walking Dead: World Beyond S2 to finish (don't want to watch too many different things at once) and then it is next on my list, quite looking forward to it now.

Watched La Brea Season 1 Episode 1 it did not disappoint. Troubled Dad seeing visions who every one thinks is crazy yet is a skilled pilot, Mum sacrificing herself to save her daughter, Son who would have escaped if he hadn't stop to help a cute kid. Loads of great character stereotyping in there. I expect the black guy with mental issues, the female cop and the kid who locked himself in the car to all die horribly over the course of the season.

La Brea is the B-disaster TV show of all time...

How much did they have to spend per episode? About £3.50 I reckon.

6 episodes in and still loving it, I really like the little VTOL aircraft they use. Though consider the female scientist managed to get one and conceal it in her barn I have serious doubts that the US military is keeping proper track of advanced military hardware.

By La Brea season 2 the acting, writing, FX etc all feel improved. It does pick up at exactly the point season one ended and some characters have different haircuts. Most notably Gavin, who has gone from a shit fringe to a parting.

By La Brea season 2 the acting, writing, FX etc all feel improved. It does pick up at exactly the point season one ended and some characters have different haircuts. Most notably Gavin, who has gone from a shit fringe to a parting.
We have spoiler tags so you don't give away important stuff like that ^. :(

Back
Top Bottom