Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will Gary Lineker be presenting Motd on Saturday?

Without being cynical, I do wonder how long it might last.

Think a single weekend of solidarity, especially as it happened so fast, is a relatively simple decision for most of them.

But how many of them will have the conviction to keep it up in the face of financial and career pressures, alongside an unknown public reaction if it were to extend into future match days.

Genuinely curious rather than rhetorical device, no idea just what the overall attitude/ethos is.
Perhaps just for this episode. The BBC are going to have to deal with the situation as a matter of urgency. Respect to them though as I don’t think you’re afforded the same protections as you are with official balloted action, and presumably they need their jobs more than Lineker does.

Perhaps just for this episode. The BBC are going to have to deal with the situation as a matter of urgency. Respect to them though as I don’t think you’re afforded the same protections as you are with official balloted action, and presumably they need their jobs more than Lineker does.
Oh aye, they're definitely far more exposed legally, though presumably protected somewhat by the fact the BBC would have to do something about all of them (as is, of course, the whole bloody point of solidarity).

I wonder who came up with the crappy euphemism of him “being asked to step back”. Like that’s a different and friendlier thing than being told he’s not allowed to do his job.
At first they didn’t even admit he’d been asked they just said “to step back” as if maybe he’d decided that was best.

I suppose this is what cancel culture looks like when it comes from the right. Perhaps those of a left persuasion who espouse these tactics might have pause for thought.

Back
Top Bottom